205 Tacho feed ??

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

nicksuch

205 Tacho feed ??

Post by nicksuch »

My 205 td tacho stopped working years ago, every now and again it will work for a few days, im convinced that it is a problem at the engine end and not the guage.
Where is the "pick up" sensor ???
bikeboyz
My Cars:

Post by bikeboyz »

Not sure about 205TD but I would think it would be on the flywheel. Have a look for the diagnostic plug somewhere around the gearbox mounted to the engine, a expect a feed comes from this. I think its a magnetic pulse, which is then amplified for the dash.
nicksuch

Post by nicksuch »

I reasoned it would be a hall effect transmitter i just cant find the bugger :o(
Myrtle
My Cars:

Post by Myrtle »

I believe I found mine on my 309 td engine, under the air filter on the right hand side of the engine bay. If not then I don't know what it is.
If it is, where on earth can I get hold of a replacement transmitter thang?
Chrispy
My Cars:

Post by Chrispy »

Hall tacho pickup sensors on the XUD engines are 'plugged' into the bell housing of the gearbox near the top on the bulkhead side. It sit's directly above the flywheel and counts as teeth go past it. On my 1.9d 405 it went and had to be replaced. £15 from a stealer.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

I once heard a rumour that the 205 ones work from the alternator... can't see it myself as the tacho would have to make a connection with the AC side and measure the frequency. Possible I guess so if you can't find one and honestly in all the 405 TD's I've owned and dived into I've never found one anywhere. Might explain why TD alternators are an arm and several legs to buy...
miked
My Cars: Xsara SX (2003) Last of the line.

Post by miked »

Some alternators do have an extra output for the tacho. The terminal is usually marked W