Xantia V6 24v spark plugs

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

portsaid1947
My Cars:

Xantia V6 24v spark plugs

Post by portsaid1947 »

Just aquired a lovely V6.. later model(1998).. and as is my habit i am replacing the spark plugs but i don't know where to start as looking under the bonnet everything is covered up,i am capable of doing this so long as i can find the plugs.... any help will be appreciated.
ActivaV6uk
My Cars: C5 X7 2.7 hdi

Past cars
Activa, silver MK1 (221bhp stock) stripped out with twin sparcos Evo seats. 95
Activa, light met red MK1 98
Activa, dark met red MK1 98
Activa, dark met blue MK1 (202bhp stock) 96
Xantia exclusive V6 auto 3l 98
Xantia 2l 8v auto
BX 4x4 GTi dark met silver
BX 4x4 GTi white
BX GTi 16v white fibre bumpers
BX GTi 16v black fibre bumpers
BX GTi 16v hurricane (doa)
BX DTR estate

Post by ActivaV6uk »

ok, you need to unbolt the inlet manigold and possibly the top engine mount, i will take a look at my spair one but i know its such a hard job people do cut corners and only replace 3 (not recomended obviously).
Join the forum www.activanet.co.uk too there are a few V6 owners on there and i have alot of service info to put on the site some time too.
Andy
XM-V6
My Cars:

Post by XM-V6 »

Look at this link,http://www.citdoks.de/anleitung.php?cr_id=118 it is giving a good describe but is in german language. I did it myself on my 1998 v6/24v XM (same engine ES9J4). It was about 1,5 hour work, lots of different screws etc. grab some little boxes or so and take notices of everything, be carefull with aplly the right torque (aluminium heads). The inlet manifold gasket was broken on two places so maybe its a good idea to get a new one before you start. Succes
Willy M.
portsaid1947
My Cars:

Post by portsaid1947 »

Blimey thanks guys for quick reply and advice, no wonder my indy cit garage laughed and got his calculater out when i made am enquiry,i'll investigate further now before i jump in,once again thanks.
xantiav6

Post by xantiav6 »

I did the plugs a few months ago. Get a manifold gasket from the dealer (£1.60). The inlet manifild can be removed in one piece with the throttle body (with a bit of manouvering). Be careful to find all the bolts and nuts hidden at the back of the manifold.
Be careful with any plastic clips and cable guides. These are brittle and can spoil your day. Likewise be careful with the LT connector on the coil block, as it is easy to break the socket assembly off the end of the coil.
When reassembling, watch that the cables for the connectors on the throttle body are sitting in the right place and not trapped underneath.
portsaid1947
My Cars:

Post by portsaid1947 »

Thanks again,i had an old 12v XM v6 last year and did the plugs on that no problem so thinking this would be a doddle i was just about to spend 30 mins on it but how wrong i was.
XM-V6
My Cars:

Post by XM-V6 »

Look also on this Japanese link http://www.geocities.co.jp/MotorCity/6947/plug.html ,I don't understand the language either but it has some nice pictures of the V6 engine.