insurance broker knows something...

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

bxbodger
My Cars:

insurance broker knows something...

Post by bxbodger »

I have just renewed my insurance- TPFT with business use for £165-00, only £15-00 up on last year, not bad I thought,I would have been happy with just that but they (Budget) have thrown in a years full RAC cover-homestart, roadside, recovery, the lot!!!! All included!!!!!!!!!!![:0]
Do they know something about ancient BX mechanical bits.........????
paranoid
My Cars:

Post by paranoid »

Yes but have you ever had to do a claim through them!!!!!
I'd happily pay more for even half decent service.
bxbodger
My Cars:

Post by bxbodger »

The car's worthless so I only really need insurance to be legal, and business use to get my mileage expenses which pay for the car-if it did get wrecked, stolen, or incinerated my best option would be another £350-£400's worth of years MOT with car attached rather than making a claim and losing the NCB.
The RAC cover came as a surprise bonus!
citroenzx
My Cars:

Post by citroenzx »

Insurance phah! I have to pay almost £1 per CC of my engine. hopefully its going to be about half that when i renew it in a couple of months. grumble grizzle!
ActivaV6uk
My Cars: C5 X7 2.7 hdi

Past cars
Activa, silver MK1 (221bhp stock) stripped out with twin sparcos Evo seats. 95
Activa, light met red MK1 98
Activa, dark met red MK1 98
Activa, dark met blue MK1 (202bhp stock) 96
Xantia exclusive V6 auto 3l 98
Xantia 2l 8v auto
BX 4x4 GTi dark met silver
BX 4x4 GTi white
BX GTi 16v white fibre bumpers
BX GTi 16v black fibre bumpers
BX GTi 16v hurricane (doa)
BX DTR estate

Post by ActivaV6uk »

This is the only good thing about getting older, now at 26 my insurence is 1/3 of what it was last year! and the diference between a 2.1. CT and a V6 is £20 as you go up the scale!
Andy
VisaGTi16v

Post by VisaGTi16v »

Nearly 1.4K for a 1.4 zx??? thats complete and utter madness, surely the cars not even worth that?
Kowalski
My Cars: Ex 05 C5 2.0 HDI Exclusive 145k
Ex 97 Xantia 1.9TD SX 144k
Ex 94 Xantia Dimension 1.9TD 199k

Post by Kowalski »

If other people drive expensive cars, you pay for priveledge of watching them driving an expensive car.
Insurance costs are based on the damage you can do to other people and their property with your car. For example, lets say you drive into somebody in their shiny new £30k BMW, your insurance has to cover the possibility regardless of whether you're driving a BX worth £50 or a brand new £15k C5.
Stinkwheel

Post by Stinkwheel »

I had to deal with budget when some pillock ran into the back of ny CX and wrote it off.
Never again, cheap quotes seem to equal rubbish service. Had to kick and screm all the way and basically do their job for them.
citroenzx
My Cars:

Post by citroenzx »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Kowalski</i>

If other people drive expensive cars, you pay for priveledge of watching them driving an expensive car.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
As well as paying for chavvy g'boy morons smashing up their saxo VTS's and M2 golfs GTI's
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by VisaGTi16v</i>
Nearly 1.4K for a 1.4 zx??? thats complete and utter madness, surely the cars not even worth that?
When i bought the car last year it was worth almost exactly that.
Kowalski

Post by Kowalski »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by citroenzx</i>
As well as paying for chavvy g'boy morons smashing up their saxo VTS's and M2 golfs GTI's
Actually, young male drivers (Chavs in particular) pay rather a lot for car insurance or pay nothing at all. If they pay nothing at all (i.e. drive uninsured) you end up paying for them smashing up your car with their 1 litre Nova, Saxo's and Golf GTIs are beyond the means of your proper chav...
VisaGTi16v

Post by VisaGTi16v »

Also dont forget that a lot these days have brand new cars as mummy and daddy fork out for the finance and they get 1/2 years free insurance for their corsa/hatch/awful and then stuff them :)
ActivaV6uk

Past cars
Xantia 2l 8v auto
BX 4x4 GTi white
BX DTR estate

Post by ActivaV6uk »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">If they pay nothing at all (i.e. drive uninsured) you end up paying for them smashing up your car with their 1 litre Nova, Saxo's and Golf GTIs are beyond the means of your proper chav...<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Not totally true, what ever you may be told about the situation with uninsured drivers, the MIB (motor insures beuro) pay out for the damage and then charge the uninsured driver for it which can be very very expensive. If you’re stupid enough to drive uninsured then you may have to go bankrupt because it’s not hard for the bill to get very very high. (2 car accident £27,000 for example). Oh and it doesn’t matter if its your fault or not, the person with out insurance always ends up with the bill even if some one hits them!
Andy
Kowalski

Post by Kowalski »

The MIB tries to reclaim money from uninsured drivers, but if the uninsured driver has no money there isn't a lot they can do about it, its similar in a way to the courts handing out fines that never get paid. There is no point in sending bailifs after somebody who has no income or assets. Not all uninsured claims get reclaimed by the MIB so the balance has to come from somewhere, i.e. the premium payer.
Andy, in your case you're unlucky enough to have (some of) the money to pay the MIB, otherwise it would most have probably been written off. If you declared yourself bankrupt, you'd get out of the problem in the short term but you'd be in a whole world of hurt when you tried to get yourself another mortgage or even a credit card, you know the ins and outs of it all better than I do.
ActivaV6uk

Past cars
Xantia 2l 8v auto
BX 4x4 GTi white
BX DTR estate

Post by ActivaV6uk »

Yeah it is the people who either do underhanded things to hide there earnings, or those that take advantage of the state who get away with it. I however really believe that people need to be told what they could be liable for. And I even think that actual people who have don’t this should be offered a lower fine if they will give testimony on there mistake as part of that information. If some one told me that driving to work wasn’t going to make a difference with my job and that I could be liable for £££££ it would have defiantly put me off, granted since that time things have improved in the way that people are informed but still it would be better if they rammed it down people throats...
At the end of the day if you can kid your self that its fine and that you can get away with it with out hearing anything negative you will be tempted (especially when your broke)... every one takes a risk some time in there lives.
Andy