Xsara (facelift) CD player fitting

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Simon H
My Cars:

Xsara (facelift) CD player fitting

Post by Simon H »

Mmmmm, may be about to eat my words here as I have previously criticised Xsaras! Anyway my mother has offered me her 13k 51 reg 1.4 LX Xsara with aircon:) for whatever she gets offered as a trade-in later on this year against a new car (probably a H*nda!). I still think these cars are inferior to ZX's (visibility,driving, weight etc) but at the likely trade in price of c£3K I can hardly refuse! Anyway my question is this: the car has a cassette player linked to a dashboard radio/outside temperature display, is it possible to buy an adapter plate to fit an aftermarket CD player in the slot occupied by the current unit? and would it still work correctly with the radio/outside temperature display? Oh and what price should I be asking for a 96 ZX1.4i Elation with 66k in good condition?
Any thoughts appreciated,
Thanks
Simon H
ZX1.4i
Suzuki Bandit 600
MZTS250/1
Homer
My Cars: Current:
Volvo V60 D4 180

Previous:
BX16RS (two of),
BX19TZI,
Xantia 2.0i saloon,
Xantia 2.0 Exclusive CT turbo Break,
Peugeot 807 2.0 HDi 110,
Renault Grand Scenic, 2.0 diesel (150bhp)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi 160 which put me off French cars possibly forever

Post by Homer »

Getting one to fit with a dashboard adapter should be straightforward.
Adapters are available for the steering controls.
Getting one which will display could be more tricky but you could probably live with the players own display.
Is the head unit equipped to take an autochanger? If so what type is it? I have a Clarion (round din style plug connector) changer I had in the Xantia which I hoped would work in the 807 but won't.
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

The temp display is seperate to the radio but may get it's power from it. The facia on the face lift models are all over the place and can easily be picked up. Any current Sony unit is possibly you best bet as they are universal in the connection department.