306 D-Turbo wont start

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

scott8629

306 D-Turbo wont start

Post by scott8629 »

This morning I jumped in my new D-turbo (only had it since wednesday) switched the ignition on, radio came on, waited for the glow plug light to go out, turned the key, the engine tryed to turn over for half a second then nothing.
So I thinks ah battery must be flat, get the jump leads out connect it up to my other car and nothing, no lights on the dashbord just nothing. The central locking wont even work.
Im sure its nothing seroius as I have been driving it all week with no problems.
Any ideas what it could be?
TIA
Scott
scott8629

Post by scott8629 »

Sorted it, ws the earth clamp knacked
After my recent car not starting saga, now my radio requires a code, however I do not have the code.
Its the Clarion cassette player/cd controller, any idea where I can source the code for this?
Would it be easier to buy a new one? If yes, do any stereo's work with the 306's steering wheel control?
Recomendations?
TIA, you lot have been a great help
Scott
pug_owner2002
My Cars:

Post by pug_owner2002 »

You could try contacting peugeot for the code and they will probably charge for this service, most auto electrical places will be able to get the code for you as well at a cost of £15-£20.
Did you purchase the car from a garage? If so I would go back to them.
I have replaced the Clarion head unit in my 306 with a Sony MP3 CD player and purchsed the lead so as I could still use the steering wheel contol.
born2die
My Cars:

Post by born2die »

ask here they are pretty good. They sorted out the code for my clarion in the xantia.
http://radiocode.proboards6.com/index.c ... =codereqst
Hope this helps
tris
reblack68
My Cars:

Post by reblack68 »

If you don't get any joy there I have a calculator. I haven't tried it on Clarion yet but I'm sure I could suss it out if required.
scott8629

Post by scott8629 »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by reblack68</i>

If you don't get any joy there I have a calculator. I haven't tried it on Clarion yet but I'm sure I could suss it out if required.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
What information do you need for your calculator?
The sticker only has one barcode on it and 3 numbers
Serial number 0220811 (nearest to barcode)
2nd number 96 317417 ZL (above the barcode number in the middle of sticker)
3rd number 286-8497-20 (under assembled in EC)
Hope this is enough info for you.
Scott
moomin

Post by moomin »

sorry to nick the thred, what lead is it you can buy to make the steering wheel control work with a sony hu?
pug_owner2002
My Cars:

Post by pug_owner2002 »

The lead that I purchased was made by Autoleads and I purchased them from www.bassjunkies.com also you can get them from halfords.