Did i do wrong?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

406 V6
My Cars:

Did i do wrong?

Post by 406 V6 »

Guys, i changed the spheres ontthe C5 for the petrol ones (again - i had the original due to a visit to the dealer), 'cos i noticed the left side a tad bit harder than the right.
I followed the same procedure as always with the C5, but when unscrewing the left one, the oil was all bubblish, what i found very odd indeed...
So, with everything in place, some citaerobics (i got to do a bit more) and i noticed the left ram creacking a bit, a very subtle noise.
As i have little LDS left, i raised it, pulled the boot up and sprayed a bit of WD-40. No more creaking. Can this spraying damage anything? now it's supposed to be done with LHM/LDS...
Thanks
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Cant believe this surface of the suspension ram is in direct contact with the LDS. As it is not in direct contact with LHM on BX/Xantia/XM with front struts.
Suppose any kind of lube would do the job.
The good old approach applying some grease would probably be the most longlasting lubing ...
inthemicz

Post by inthemicz »

Please remember WD-40 is not a Lubricant. Grease does seem to be the best idea, although not having heard of this problem before. I'm sure that someone else will know the correct solution.
ssray
My Cars:

Post by ssray »

The solvents in wd40 rot rubber,gt85 better. used to use in my biking days on me forks in winter, when i was single and a bit dafter(single 6 bikes, married none[V])