cheapo multimeter

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

bxbodger
My Cars:

cheapo multimeter

Post by bxbodger »

At some stage anyone with an old Citroen and its associated rubbish quality wiring is going to need a multimeter- I went into Maplin's yesterday to get some new leads for mine and it was cheaper to buy the leads with a meter thrown in- look at this for £2.99[:p]
http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?Mod ... 9&doy=12m5
Its the same one as the Gunsons badged one that Halfrauds sell for about £15.00............
Tom.Abd
My Cars:

Post by Tom.Abd »

And as it's cheaper than the replacement battery (£3.79) you don't even need to figure out how to get the back off when it goes flat !
Kowalski
My Cars: Ex 05 C5 2.0 HDI Exclusive 145k
Ex 97 Xantia 1.9TD SX 144k
Ex 94 Xantia Dimension 1.9TD 199k

Post by Kowalski »

My multimeter cost £2.99 at Lidl and it looks the same as that Maplin one, apart from not having the rubber holster.
They're cheap an nasty, but they do the job and frankly unless you really need a high quality meter, it's not work bothering with anything more expensive.
bxbodger
My Cars:

Post by bxbodger »

Its a strange place, Lidl's- a month ago it was full of horse grooming and riding stuff, and their bargain of the century was 2 weeks ago when they were knocking out top quality Meade binoculars for fifteen quid!!!![:0]
They are also the cheapest around for fuel as well- they don't even bat an eyelid when you put 2 or 3 boxes of veggie oil through the till.........
vanny
My Cars:

Post by vanny »

that Maplin's one is AWESOME! i have two and all my local car friends have one! The BEST thing about it is the rubber case, and it's the only reason i bought two! I have been known to build the same one before, and the kit costs £10, how in gods name does that work?
arry_b

Post by arry_b »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by bxbodger</i>

Its a strange place, Lidl's- their bargain of the century was 2 weeks ago when they were knocking out top quality Meade binoculars for fifteen quid!!!![:0]
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Good binoculars aren't they, and for £15 unbelievable!
Once a year they do mad prices on motorcycle accessories, I make sure I'm there an hour before they open (and hide my haul in the garage so the wife doesn't find out....)
bikeboyz
My Cars:

Post by bikeboyz »

Bought the emergency jump starter/compressor at Lidi for £19.99, same as the Machine Mart one but half the price!
Kowalski
My Cars: Ex 05 C5 2.0 HDI Exclusive 145k
Ex 97 Xantia 1.9TD SX 144k
Ex 94 Xantia Dimension 1.9TD 199k

Post by Kowalski »

I've had a few bits and pieces.
Spare bulb kit, rubber car mats, wheel brace, set of screwdrivers, adjustable spanner, multimeter etc. I'm waiting for them to get disposable bottles of r134 in, then I'll be sorted...
DLM
My Cars:

Post by DLM »

I've just invested in one of the cheapo multimeters too - good value.
DLM
My Cars:

Post by DLM »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">At some stage anyone with an old Citroen and its associated rubbish quality wiring is going to need a multimeter- I went into Maplin's yesterday to get some new leads for mine and it was cheaper to buy the leads with a meter thrown in- look at this for £2.99<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Funnily enough I had the leads already in my case but the old multimeter(s) gave up the ghost under my non-too-gentle usage....
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

For that kind of price, if it blows up after one lecky job it's paid for itself.
paranoid
My Cars:

Post by paranoid »

Got my lie down wheelie board/skateboard from aldi for about £14 folds in half and is the toughest one I've ever used by far BARGAIN
Doing decent jacks at the moment that I quite fancy
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

My most recent bargain was a Makro special - a 12v 110LB/FT impact driver for loosening / tightening wheel nuts and other associated bolts.
Makro £9.99
Machine Mart £39.99
Bought 3, one for me and one for each of the Mad BX crew. Fantastic.
Dave Bamber
My Cars:

Post by Dave Bamber »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by martyhopkirk</i>

My most recent bargain was a Makro special - a 12v 110LB/FT impact driver for loosening / tightening wheel nuts and other associated bolts.
Makro £9.99
Machine Mart £39.99
Bought 3, one for me and one for each of the Mad BX crew. Fantastic.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
A fab bit of kit they are for a tenner[:D]
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

Do the Lidl still do catering size tins of kidney beans?