Leaky 306 Radiator?

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

razzleuk

Leaky 306 Radiator?

Post by razzleuk »

Hi,
I have a phase 2 306 DTurbo. Recently I have noticed slight coolant loss - (the low coolant light briefly came on before I topped up).
On examining the radiator, I noticed a patch of white/blue deposits - does this signal a leak?
I'm hoping its not HG. Theres no sludge in the coolant or mayo in the oil filler..
Cheers,
Raz.
arry_b

Post by arry_b »

Yes, that's a sure sign of a leak.
fastandfurryous
My Cars:

Post by fastandfurryous »

Agreed, that is definitely a leaky rad. Make sure you change it instantly, as it could lead to a head gasket failure if the coolant level gets low, and the engine overheads.
There has been much said on this forum about the effectiveness of chemical radiator sealants, and the general consensus is that they seem to work quite well, so it might be worth trying this before you splash out on a new rad.
arry_b

Post by arry_b »

Not Radweld though, eh? Not if you want your heater to work ever again.
Don't ask....
fastandfurryous
My Cars:

Post by fastandfurryous »

Agreed on that too! Radweld is the spawn of satan. It destroyed an engine of mine years ago. Use something like barrs leaks, or forte stopleak.
razzleuk

Post by razzleuk »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by fastandfurryous</i>

Agreed on that too! Radweld is the spawn of satan. It destroyed an engine of mine years ago. Use something like barrs leaks, or forte stopleak.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Cheers for the replies guys :-)
Can anyone suggest a supplier for the aforementioned products? Do Halfrauds stock 'em? The leak is ever so slight and so I hope I can fix it for the time being with something like this!
Thanks again,
Raz.
arry_b

Post by arry_b »

Have a search through the Citroen forum for "Forte".