Xsara HDi brake pads

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

AndrewP

Xsara HDi brake pads

Post by AndrewP »

Hi folks, first post :)
Heard a bit of scratching from the front recently, checked the pads tonight and they're pretty low. I'm reliably informed by my Haynes manual that my HDi has pretensions of what its not, and has the same specs as a VTR/VTS braking wise.
So, any recommendations as to what pads I should get? Will an appropriate set come with guide pin bolts? i.e. N64055 BRAKE PAD SET-FR XSARA HDi HATCH(BOSCH)
Rear pads have >5mm left, so they're fine, the front discs are a bit worn so I might replace them too - worth getting anything more than the standard ones? (like the Brembo ones)
Cheers,
Andrew
drpau
My Cars:

Post by drpau »

Hi Andrew, I did my rears on the hdi (one was down to the backing and sounding lovely! [:0] The other was fine-are yours wearing uneven? I think its common) The pads I got from gsf did not have the little retaining pins, it was pads and pads alone. But that was the rears anyhow. So I have probably been of no use whatsoever! My apologies..[:(]
simonelsey
My Cars:

Post by simonelsey »

I managed to do my front discs and pads and rear pads for round about 50 pounds. I was sent the wrong (rears) by the factors . Tried 6-7 different factors before getting rear pads correctly , In the end managed to get them for 20 pounds instead of the £8 so increased cost alot, compared to which I originally spent . Front disc replacement and pad very easy to do . I would be intrested to now if the drivers side is worn more then passengers as I have had major probs with fronts wearing unevenly.
AndrewP

Post by AndrewP »

Only checked the passenger side as that where the scratching was coming from, I'll replace both at the same time and let you know how the driver's side is when I change the pads.