How to disable central locking

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

John306
My Cars:

How to disable central locking

Post by John306 »

Without snipping any wires is there a way to temporarily turn off the central locking on my 306.
It has taken to locking and unlocking as you drive down the road.
I have found an autoelectrical guy who is willing to take a look but in the mean time can I pull out a fuse or disconnect a plug somewhere and just go manual for a while.
pug_owner2002
My Cars:

Post by pug_owner2002 »

According to the handbook that I got with my R reg Phase 2 306 DTurbo fuse No 14 (15 amp) is for the central locking ECU.
Maybe that would do it but I am unsure?
solara

Post by solara »

Do a search on this forum or honest johns forum for "pesky central locking" as I published a simple solution around this problem. Involves adding a simple wire connection to an electrical plug under the rear drivers side seat. This stops it auto unlocking when locking.
John306
My Cars:

Post by John306 »

Many thanks to Solara. (see posting on 2nd Dec 2003 answer to question by jameso)
I have 'fixed' the sensor that checks whether the doors are shut or not. Now it just locks and doesn't bounce up again. All with the aid of a paper clip, let's hope it doesn't burst into flames.
Will get it properly sorted any day now (yeah right).
wal750
My Cars:

Post by wal750 »

Was having similar problems with my 1994 306 xtdt.
Put the shorting link in today and seems to have sorted the problem. Cheers guys!