306 boot locking

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

moomin

306 boot locking

Post by moomin »

ever since ive had my 306, the central locking in the boot has been playing up, some times it works, other times it does nothing, (kind of defeats the point in remote locking if you have to check the boot all the time). anyway, now the nice weather is here, i feel like working on the car, just like to know all the places and things to look for before i get started. will it just be a dodge motor or connection in the boot, or could it be further back? any help is welcome as im useless by myself,
cheers in advance
Linchpin

Post by Linchpin »

On my old 306 XSi... had the same issue. So i um.. cut the wires to the locking in the boot and did it manually ;-)
Maybe not the best way, but it worked.
arry_b

Post by arry_b »

Have a look at the pin that's attached to the lock barrel inside the door. This is the bit that actually opens the door by pushing against the catch.
moomin

Post by moomin »

the pin is good, all the connections are good, i really cant figure out what is wrong with it
Linchpin

Post by Linchpin »

Neither could i... hence the "snip snip" :-P
Central locking boot a waste of time i always think.
pw64k

Post by pw64k »

I had the same probs with my 306, it turned out to be the servo motor that locks and unlocks the boot. Remove the plastic cover which covers the wiper motor and you will find the servo to the left inside the tailgate, (little black box about the size of a fag packet)just undo the 2 screws and unclip it, and get a new one from the scrap yard.
Paul
wal750
My Cars:

Post by wal750 »

I had the same issue. If the boot didn't lock or unlock a 'whack' on the outside of the boot, followed by another press lock/unlock with the plip, generally worked.
Eventually I took out the solenoid and prised it to bits (not supposed to come to bits though!). I cleaned it up and lubed the thread with some oil and put it back together. Worked for about 6 months then died again.
Best thing to do is get one from a scrappy as Paul said. I picked one up for a fiver which sorted it out.
moomin

Post by moomin »

hmm, i'll get a new motor then, but seeing as none of my local scrappies seem to ever have 306's, will one from a citroen zx be the same? or will i just have to play the waiting game...
Linchpin

Post by Linchpin »

Depends if you want the boot on the locking system or not...
I found mine to be a pain as i was constantly leaving it open all night!
fastandfurryous
My Cars:

Post by fastandfurryous »

That central locking motor unit is common to a lot of PSA group cars: 405, 309, ZX etc..etc.. It just seems to be something about the boot of a 306 that makes them go wrong. Get one from some other location of another car, and it should last far longer than one taken from the boot of another 306.
rossd
My Cars:

Post by rossd »

Maybe due to the fact (well on my 306...) you really have to slam the boot to close it. Must adjust the catch mechanism..... Someday....!