xantia boot lock problem

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

pete@co.uk
My Cars:

xantia boot lock problem

Post by pete@co.uk »

hi guys
Has anyone had this problem the car is unlocked you go to open the boot it won,t open its acting like its locked ive had this annoying problem a few times (crawling inside the boot from the folded down seats to get the panel off inside the bootlid and flicking the linkage to open boot!) on looking at the linkage the servo motor is not pulling the lock far enough back for the outside button to engauge on the part to move the lever to open the boot. ive tried sticking a peice of plastic to the linkage that did,nt last long also ive elongated the screw hole,s for the servo motor to give it some ajustment did,nt work ethier any ideas guys.
pete...............................
arry_b

Post by arry_b »

Is the plate on the lock, that the servo moves around still properly attached to the lock body? My ZX boot lock wore badly so that eventually the plate fell off. Before it did this, it did exactly the same as yours is doing.
pete@co.uk
My Cars:

Post by pete@co.uk »

hi arryb
well lock seems ok but all attached ok still have same problem motor does not pull the lever round enough and just misses the opening lever i can pull it round by hand and all s ok so maybe its the servo motor
pete..........................
Redeye
My Cars:

Post by Redeye »

Hi pete.
Had the exact same prob last week on my Xantia. After removing the lock barrel assembly,(bit fiddly)I managed to get some WD40 into the lock itself. After a bout of manipulating with the key, something moved internally and normal service resumed. Worth a try.
Regards,
M.V
pete@co.uk
My Cars:

Post by pete@co.uk »

update
hi guys well ive done a little mod to it and ive tried WD40 and that did,nt work so i superglued a piece of hard plastic to the release lever and thats worked a treat so now when i go to open the boot its fine again failing that i will have to get a new lock machinism
pete...........................[:)]