What makes you laugh about Citroens.

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

Stuart McB
My Cars:

What makes you laugh about Citroens.

Post by Stuart McB »

Even though I now drive a Mazda 323F and a Reno Megane soft top I still smile every time I see an old model ZX, Why you ask? well it's the string out the back. Just makes me smile [:D][:D][:D]
nick
My Cars:

Post by nick »

When I'm driving my white Xantia TD through city centres late at night and loads of drunks stagger out and try and flag me down because they think its a taxi [:D] Then the look of disbelief on their faces when I don't stop & let them in because they <i>still</i> haven't twigged its not a taxi!
paranoid
My Cars:

Post by paranoid »

Doing a full service for £22 with bits from GSF.
Brother paying £450 at the dealer for the same thing and reckoning it's a bargain (same part no's, make etc.)Image
And taking it back 2 weeks later when the pad light comes on[:D]
arry_b

Post by arry_b »

Taking the car allowance and running my old ZX instead of having a company car.
Then having an extra two holidays a year on the profit :)
406 V6
My Cars:

Post by 406 V6 »

Seeing the C5 jumping up and down after putting new light alloy wheels on her... i was wondering when it would stop[:P] (must have been due to the ARB being deflected for so long on each side and suspension on max) But it was fuuun![:D]
Other small thing: they call it a freezer because it's white and big; or the assistance car of the RAC.
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

Another thing I see reguarl down by me is.... a Xantia Estate in silver, rammed with kids and a dog on a Saturday on Sinsburys car park. The woman driving must be the mother of the kids (all under 10) as she's always shouting "OK in a minute" at them. It's always steamed up with faces pressed aginst the side windows. A people carried if ever I've seen one.[:)]
bxbodger
My Cars:

Post by bxbodger »

What makes me laugh?
The fact that I've so far had 70000 miles out of a 400 quid stop-gap car bought in the dark!
The other thing that makes me laugh hysterically is that Citroen had the nerve to put it on the market without power steering!
fastandfurryous
My Cars:

Post by fastandfurryous »

"There is nothing quite so permanent as a temporary fix"
Oscar Too
My Cars:

Post by Oscar Too »

The fact that I spent J225 on buying a ZX, J75 and 12 hours on replacing the heater matrix, then sold it for J165 and bought an MOT failure BX.
That makes all my mates laugh too.