Xantia 1.9TD 1995 Starting

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

soupy_sam
My Cars:

Xantia 1.9TD 1995 Starting

Post by soupy_sam »

I changed the oil and filter in Xantia 1.9 TD and when I came to start it this morning it would not start just turned over.
In the past it has always started first time. After messing about and squeezing fuel ball a couple of times it started, and has been fine all day. any ideas what happened folks????
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Did you change the fuel filter then? If so, maybe not all the air was got out first time around or the top is leaking a little air.. fuel is sucked through the filter so leaks won't show but air can get in...
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

try pumping bulb primer till it is firm if dont work pull leakoff pipe of one injecter then pump bulb untill fuel comes out of pipe replace pipe try starting engine now regards
fastandfurryous
My Cars:

Post by fastandfurryous »

If the car does this again tomorrow morning, then you have an air leak. Leak-off pipes between the injectors is a prime candidate for this.
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

leak of pipes send exess fuel back to tank,check filter lid seal ans pos base seal,base seals are about 5 squid from dealers xtautionet i thought regards malcolm
soupy_sam
My Cars:

Post by soupy_sam »

It Started fine this morning although I noticed an unknown noise lower dash / steering wheel is there a relay associated with starting?? as I remember hearing the same noise just before car started last time.