C3 Windscreens

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Len
My Cars:

C3 Windscreens

Post by Len »

I've had the unfortunate mishap with a stone on my 2 month old C3 VTR+ windscreen this month.
Autoglass wanted to come out and check the type of windscreen fitted, but when they arrived the engineer produced a e-mail regarding C3 windscreen.
Basically they are being asked to check if it is stone damage or a stress fracture. The engineer said that they have received quite a few C3 cracked windscreens caused by miss fitting in the factory. If it appears to be the case on any calls they have they are referring the user back to the main dealer.
Anyone else know about this ?
Regards,
Len
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

never heard of this as a problem on C3's but i do know citroen now only cover stress fractures in windscreens up to 4,000 miles.
Len
My Cars:

Post by Len »

I'm a prat !! Wife has C3 ! I've a C4 !!! Its the C4 that the problem is with.
Will get used to what
I'm driving one day.
Len
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

thats a different story then,iv heard of this happening on the C4,take it back to a citroen dealer,i belive there are spacers need to be fitted to the windscreen first.
drpau
My Cars:

Post by drpau »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by wheeler</i>

thats a different story then,iv heard of this happening on the C4,take it back to a citroen dealer,i belive there are spacers need to be fitted to the windscreen first.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Bloody stones- a fair sized one hit my windscreen the other day, dead centre. There is now something ( I assume a fragment of glass) poking through on the INSIDE! Im sure once winter comes it will get a crack in it. My policy covers for windscreen replacement (£60 excess)but it doesnt say anything about repair which is strange. I think they are a bit of a mickey mouse company to be honest....
BX-Basis
My Cars:

Post by BX-Basis »

There is in fact a problem with the C4 windscreens. Your Cit dealer should know about that and how to fix it !
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

So the Pluriel leaks and the C4 is so poorly engineered that it flexes the shell enough to break the screen.
That is reason enough to withdraw the thing from sale.
I don't like the C4. To my mind it is one of the most dangerous vehicles I have ever seen. Placing the controls around the steering wheel boss is a very silly thing to do.
The cockpit is cramped and uncomfortable and the body is flimsy.
WHY BOTHER FOR HEAVEN'S SAKE?
There are many much better cars out there. I would much sooner buy a Focus!
AthlonZX
My Cars:

Post by AthlonZX »

This isnt a problem confined to the C4...or even a Citroen for that matter.
A friend of mine had a brand new Toyota Yaris that did exactly the same thing...and look at what a good reputation those things have! I've had one go on my ZX too. Glass is a very unpredicatble material, it's a wonder they dont make wind-screens out of high-impact plastic these days.
Cheers
AthlonZX (Dave)
Citroen ZX Aura TD K-1993 135032 miles [:)]
Rajshah
My Cars:

Post by Rajshah »

Generally repairs are often free! Get it sealed and glued.....may make it last a few years more!
Ian Fearn
My Cars:

Post by Ian Fearn »

A couple of months back in the CCC magazine a bloke in there was complaining of cracked windscreens on his C3, so maybe its not just C4's?
Richard Green

Post by Richard Green »

no windscreen is safe from a stone chip at the moment, most insurance companies will have the chip repaired free which doesnt effect your insurance premium unless your third party only.
danielsydney
My Cars:

Post by danielsydney »

I live in Australia we have not had many c3/c4 windscreen issues as far as I know.....