Xantia ABS Light (yet again!)

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Stabs
My Cars:

Xantia ABS Light (yet again!)

Post by Stabs »

Hi. My 1998 Xantia has developed the dreaded "ABS Light on" fault. It won't talk to any diagnostic tools either. I have searched this forum for wiring information but have only found details of the 37 pin wiring connector on another ECU model. My ECU has a 25 pin connector on it. I'm sure there's a sensor fault cos I'm getting 1000 ohms between 3 pairs of pins (1 and 2; 5 and 6; 19 and 20). I don't know which pins the other sensor is connected to, nor which pins relate to which sensors. Does anyone out there have pin-out info for this kind of ECU? It's an Ate one, all black.
Many thanks
Ian
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

Its more likely to be a H/R connection on one of the sensor connectors. If its like the XM you should find them about 18" up each lead from the sensor. If you can get to them fairly easily you could pull each on apart then see which pair go O/C to identify them.
Stabs
My Cars:

Post by Stabs »

Thanks Peter. I'll give that a try. In the meantime if anyone else knows the pinouts for the plug, I'd be most grateful for the info.
Stabs
My Cars:

Post by Stabs »

I've found the pinouts for the ECU: FNS = 1 and 2; RNS = 5 and 6; FOS = 19 and 20; ROS = 22 and 23. I'm reading 10Meg ohms on 22 and 23 so that's hopefully the problem. However.......
I have disconnected the sensor at the wheel plug and inserted a 1.1 kOhm resistor to trick the ECU into thinking there's a good sensor there. Still got the ECU light [:(] So do I have a dead sensor AND ECU? (Feel Sick!)
cmac51brae
My Cars:

Post by cmac51brae »

hi also have 1998 mk2 xantia with abs light on. it stays on from start up and will not go out.have replaced ecu and fault still there. not sure if its a sensor because i dont have abs when braking.already had faulty sensors and abs was still working, can anyone help?