106 1.5d problems

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

mattpace

106 1.5d problems

Post by mattpace »

Hi all,
this is my frist time using this forum so please bear with me. I have a 106 1.5d though when idling the engine sound as if it is missfiring, this is troubling as i thought only petrol's misfire. Does anyone know what this porblem might be. I thought it was the gasket head though white smoke only comes out on starting the car and once in a while when the engine is very cold so i doubt that is the problem.
Also somtimes when i put the car into free i can hear a knocking nise from the gear box this is resolved when pressing and realesing the clutch does anyone know what that is?
Thanks for your help,
Matthew
mbunting
My Cars:

Post by mbunting »

Your starting problems are most probably air leaking into the fuel system.
Look down by the battery, and you will see the fuel priming bulb - use this to prime the fuel system, keep squeezing until it gets harder [:I]
Then try and start the car - you'll find it's much easier.
The next thing is to start looking for the split in the fuel pipes usual places to check are the end joins, and places where the pipe may come into contact with other parts of the car.
The priming bulb itself is known to go sometimes - check for signs of diesel around the bulb.
The problem with your gear change - are you saying when you go from a gear into neutral, you get the knocking until you press/release the clutch ?
Could it be that the clutch cable is loose ? What does the pedal feel like - really floppy and loose on the floor, or firmly attached ?
mattpace

Post by mattpace »

Yes when i switch form gear into neutral and the clutch cable is tought and the pedel isn't sloppy at all. Could it be the oil in the gear box. Thanks for your help regarding the starting of the car.
mbunting
My Cars:

Post by mbunting »

How about if you put the car into neutral when you're going along ( such as an empty car park ) - WITHOUT USING THE CLUTCH, if you get the clonking then, it may be either:
a) the gearbox.
b) the gear selectors.
If you don't get the clonking, then the clutch mechanism is to be suspected.
mattpace

Post by mattpace »

Then is must be the clutch seing as when i put in into free not using the clutch no shound can be heard. Thanks for your help