Xantia Rear Headrests

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

ITMA
My Cars:

Xantia Rear Headrests

Post by ITMA »

This should be an easy one!!!
On Monday I tried to fold the rear seats of my 1993 Xantia (to take an old door down to the tip).
The handbook simply says "Remove the headrests".
As much as I pulled it, pressed or twisted various parts of the mounting it wouldn't come out. Go up and down; yes. Pull out of the seat; no.
Somebody must know the trick.
Thanks guys.
madmanbob
My Cars:

Post by madmanbob »

Pull them up to the highest position, look at the holes on the seat where they fit into, one has a button that needs pressing at the same time as pulling them out.
ActivaV6uk
My Cars: C5 X7 2.7 hdi

Past cars
Activa, silver MK1 (221bhp stock) stripped out with twin sparcos Evo seats. 95
Activa, light met red MK1 98
Activa, dark met red MK1 98
Activa, dark met blue MK1 (202bhp stock) 96
Xantia exclusive V6 auto 3l 98
Xantia 2l 8v auto
BX 4x4 GTi dark met silver
BX 4x4 GTi white
BX GTi 16v white fibre bumpers
BX GTi 16v black fibre bumpers
BX GTi 16v hurricane (doa)
BX DTR estate

Post by ActivaV6uk »

Or for a 1993 you have to twist the black plastic mount at the point ware the head rest meets the seat. This is only correct if you dont have the push button on these mounts, generaly its a 90 degree twist that is needed.
Andy
ITMA
My Cars:

Post by ITMA »

Thanks Guys,
They are the twist type, but you wouldn't know it looking at them. Not exactly "finger friendly" in design.
Cheers. Its off to the tip at the weekend. Whooopeee!
Chris[;)]
davek-uk
My Cars:

Post by davek-uk »

It really is annoying having to remove the rear headrests to lower the seats. Surely there is a way around this that should have been designed in.
As an aside, my trusty old Pug 505 estate had rear seats that folded completely flat. The rear seat bottom swung all the way over into the footwell and the rear seat back dropped into the space left by the seat bottom. This gave a huge load area, well over 6 foot long. Why aren't estates built like this these days? Even when there seems to be the room the rear seat bottom is only designed to swing upright. Is it an attempt to make things safer and prevent the load slipping forward?