Fuse layout - Xsara Picasso Desire ???

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

mnc123
My Cars:

Fuse layout - Xsara Picasso Desire ???

Post by mnc123 »

My wife has an '03 reg model (1.6 Petrol). The front and rear cigar lighter sockets are dead.
The interior fusebox in the owners manual bears no resemblance whatsoever to that which is located behind the sunglass stowage box. The fuses are obscurred by several parts of the wiring loom but there only appears to be about 15 fuses in total (That's a guess as I didn't want to disturb the wiring any more than needed).
My missus did however find a 30A (Green) fuse by her feet and after watching me struggle for an hour 'mentioned it' - The handbook however quotes F22 - 20A (Yellow) but I can't find aything above F21.
Anyway, does some kind soul have any guidance/info they can let me have or should I ***shudder*** buy a Haynes manual?.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Sell it quick.....
Forget the Haynes manual, They'll show a third fusebox which also bears no resemblence to yours... The circuit diagram will most likely be that for a 1972 Hillman Hunter.
vanny
My Cars:

Post by vanny »

from what i can tell most of the higher number fuses are for aircon equipt cars, specifically F27 and F38. F2 and F3 are for the rad fans (think non aircon models only have F2), then F4,F7, F7 are for the multifunction control unit (magic black box which runs most of the car, i think it includes the aircon as well), F40 is for the in car fans.
While CitroJim's post is totally unconstructive, he is probably right about the haynes manual being less than usefull when it comes to wiring diagrams and fuses! You may not find some of the higher number fuses as i think they are found in the engine bay (F9 should be in the engine bay as it is a 50a fuse!).
The little door or ssunglasses holder that hides the fuse box i think has a list of the fuses and locations on the back of it! Fag sockets usually have a 15amp (blue) fuse, but if they are both in series (back one and front one) then you may find there is a 30 amp fuse to power them. I'd suggest checking all the blue fuses in the internal fuse box first though!
mnc123
My Cars:

Post by mnc123 »

Thanks Vanny. Unfortunately there is no diagram on the back of the cover/sunglass holder. I will have a better look at the weekend and see if I can describe what I see a little better. I really don't want to disturb all those wires any more than I have to!!.
mnc123
My Cars:

Post by mnc123 »

OK, after invoking the warranty (Forgot about that!) it transpires that the cigar sockets only work with the ignition switched ON!. Apparently its a safety feature...