Peugeot Green Colour Question

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

My Cars:

Peugeot Green Colour Question

Post by 609 »

I recently returned from Holland with a light green metallic 309. (1992)
I need a door in the same colour, but have only turned up a black one as a quick fix. (Not ideal, no.)
Did Peugeot make cars in this colour in the UK? I haven't seen any around. And if so, does anyone know its name?
Linchpin

Post by Linchpin »

What colour are the Roland Garros ones ?? (if there is a rg 309)
PowerLee
My Cars: Current - Slightly modified 2016 Pug 308 Puretech 130 Allure
Past:
2003 - 206 GLX TU3JP & 206 SE ET3JP4
1995 - 405 Executive XU10J2
1996 - 406 GLX XU10J4R
1994 - 405 GTX XU10J2

Post by PowerLee »

Roland Garros Pugs are a dark metalic green.
Linchpin

Post by Linchpin »

Ah yeah, of course.
alexp-j
My Cars:

Post by alexp-j »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Linchpin</i>

What colour are the Roland Garros ones ?? (if there is a rg 309)
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
No RG 309 in the UK but 205 RGs & 309Gti Goodwood are Pinewood Green, Paint code MONP. 306 Cabrio RGs are different, Tie Break green which is lighter but not that light.
hill

Post by hill »

Can you not find the colour code on it?
I'm not sure of the location on a 309 but it will be a 4 or 5 letter sequence of which the first 3 will be the colour code. I spray yachts now, not cars but I remember some PSA group cars used to have the paint code stencilled on the inner wing. My 406 has it on a sticker on the A pillar.
Presumably you're looking at putting some paint on it yourself or there is no reason for you to know the colour name, any decent paint shop will have no problem finding it. If you do get the colour code the I've found that www.rmpaint.net is very useful for finding colour information. You could even look there to find the code of all the metallic greens used by Peugeot in 1992 (Or '91. Who knows when it was built) to give you an idea of what your looking for.
My Cars:

Post by 609 »

Thanks for the input.
I was hoping that a green door (£30 from a breaker) would be cheaper than respraying the black door to match.
As it happens, I can't see a colour code anywhere, no. The RM website would be interesting, but their search function is currently unavailable. Moreover, their colour code location finder only works for recent Peugeots.
bikeboyz
My Cars:

Post by bikeboyz »

Paint code is generally on older pugs in the engine bay on the inner wing, by the battery - has been on my 504, 205 and 106, its a kind of stencil type spray. They can get a bit thin to see though if the engine bay has been regularly cleaned.
hill

Post by hill »

On the RM site -
click on - colour information
then - colour register
enter - Peugeot - 309 - 1992 in the appropriate boxes.
put green as the colour class and metal as the effect and you will get a list of colours. Don't worry about multiple listings of the same colour code and the T1,T2 bit. They just refer to the different shades of the same colour. hopefully you'll find EQZ, M0QZ or M1QZ somewhere on your car.
My Cars:

Post by 609 »

<b>Hill</b> wrote:
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Don't worry about multiple listings . . . they just refer to the different shades of the same colour.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Um . . . but is that the same as the same colour?
Reminds me of the old Johnny Cash song, 'Forty Shades Of Green'
<i>I wish that I could spend an hour at Dublins churning surf
I long to watch the farmers drain the bogs and spade the turf
to see again the thatching of the straw the women clean
Id walk from Cork to Larne to see those Forty Shades of Green
</i>
Maybe the one black door isn't so bad :-)