coolant leak - pls help !

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

roypch

coolant leak - pls help !

Post by roypch »

I had a coolant leak which I thought was from the radiator (so I replaced it with a new one !). Now it is coming from the braided black hose that runs horizontally below the radiator - close to the middle of the radiator, a bit towards passenger side (I thought this black hose is meant to carry some wires ?). coolant is now dripping occassionally when the car is running from this black braided hose. Is this black braided hose containing any coolant pipes/small hoses ?
Can anyone help pls... (Car is 1994 Xantia TD SX)
soupy_sam
My Cars:

Post by soupy_sam »

Sounds very much like the same problem that I have got, an intermitant leak that I cannot find around the bottom of the rad.
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

The black thing laying along sub frame at the bottom of rad is the plastic ducting carrying the wiring loom if you squeeze it you will see a split along it's length. Regards Malcolm
roypch

Post by roypch »

Many thanks, Malcolm.
May be this is due to the 'big leak' I had from the old radiator being collected in the black plastic ducting and it is coming out slowly ? the old radiator was leaking from time to time and its life was prolonged with stop leak stuff. I changed to the new radiator 2 days ago.
roypch

Post by roypch »

thank you all !. it is all ok now.
It is just me going crazy with this leak of collected fluid from the old radiator leak. It is all settled now and car is running ok with the new radiator. Only confusion is that the new GSF radiator has no draining cock like the old one. Anyway that is something to worry about when emptying coolant next time.
bes