Cry For Help - BX Weekend 3?

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

vanny
My Cars:

Cry For Help - BX Weekend 3?

Post by vanny »

Hi Folks, well as most of you know after a successfull long haul trip down to portsmouth to get AdamSki's St Tropez BX (Which is a stupidly well behaved car!), my car became terminally i'll on the way home.
Discussions with a number of people has brought me to the conclusion that the Turbo has failed, and the Alternator has also failed in totally seperate incidents. I also have a huge long list of other jobs that need doing to get it through the MOT.
MOT is due on the 24th May. I have exams until the 19th, so the earliest i can do anything is the 20th. The following week (23rd to 27th) im on a practical assesment in sunny Birkenhead and won't get much time with the car! Then the following long weekend i'm due to go the FCS.
I'd MUCH rather rather go in the BX rather than the AX, but to do it i'm gonne need some help! I'm sure MrB is willing (will have to put my spare set of locking nuts on [;)] ) and Mr Oily spanner is also keen to help (having already provided me with an alternator and turbo!). All in all i think i can manage most of the jobs, but i know Oily and MrB both have more tinkering experience than myself, and are probably more fluent in some to the tasks required!
just so you know what needs doing, i've shortlisted it to the following;
Fit new alternator
fit new turbo
rear discs/pads
PAS rack is leaking
new Xantia Clutch (in stock thanks to AndyC)
near side rear arm bearing
Drop links (Both sides)
front n/s strut leak back pipes
fit twin fans and sensor!
cntral locking needs 'tinkering'
new locks all round (currently have two keeys but 3 different locks!)
heating matrix valve seems stuck
raise fuel lines
rev counter
fit Huge intercoler and Huge rad
boost guage
So all in all there isn't too much, but i'd like to have a couple of people about in order to give death sentences on only the turbo!
Any takers??
fastandfurryous
My Cars:

Post by fastandfurryous »

Vanny. If you do find it's more than a dead turbo, and need a 1769ccTD engine to go straight in, I still have an ex-405 TD available. It's in brilliant condition with recent head skim & gasket. With the serious lack of space I now have with this 'ere Digit, I'd be willing to part with it for next to nothing.
And I'd be only too happy to shove it in the back of the Hunter, and bring it up to you. Need a hand fitting it? That's if you discover you even need a whole engine of course.
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

Vanny - would be only too willing to help out if I can.
I work slowly though!
oilyspanner
My Cars:

Post by oilyspanner »

Count me in, unless the demon of work pops up (hopefully not) better post directions, if theres a clutch going in then its engine out deffo considering the access problems with the turbo swap (the motor is almost out anyway) I would like to see the beast run before we eviscerate it though.
Stewart