Tow bar electrics

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

dvhttn

Tow bar electrics

Post by dvhttn »

Hi,
Got myself a two bar from a scrappies for the 405 and went to fit the electrics today. Had a diagram from the web that showed where all the wires go - all 7 of them. Trouble is there are onyl 6 wires coming from my socket ...
Now this was off an F-reg car so we're talking about 20+ years old. Does anyone know what the scam is with these 6 wires? Are they old style fittings? If so, dows anyone have a diagram?
I'm casting around as Google hasn't come up with anything and I've got until Tuesday when Indespension open ...
Cheers
Dave
Dave Bamber
My Cars:

Post by Dave Bamber »

I’d be temped to start again with a new socket and fresh wire. Your local car accessory store should carry them, most even have pre-wired jobs.
hill

Post by hill »

Which wire is missing?
On some older cars there may not have been a fog light wired in.
Also, in the past come across 5-core wire as opposed to 7-core being used. The fog light was not wired up and there was a small link wire between the two rear light terminals on the socket. ie. powering both rear lights on the trailer from one rear light on the car.
dvhttn

Post by dvhttn »

I didn't say which colours - the brown is missing - which is the RH tail light on later wiring.
Yep Dave - just thought I'd see if anyone knew how it was wired - Indespension aren't open until Tuesday so in the meantime I'd see if I could save a couple of bob ...
Cheers
Dave
JohnD
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: 2010 Citroen C5-X7 tourer
1998 Citroen Saxo 1.5D
2018 Citroen C4-B7
1998 Peugeot 306. 1.9D
2011 Citroen C1

Post by JohnD »

They've obviously used the black wire for both tail lights. I would do as Dave says, get a metre of 7-core and a new socket.