Bosch fuel filters

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

p20

Bosch fuel filters

Post by p20 »

Successfully serviced the Xantia the other week, new lhm, oil, filters,etc. Except the fuel filter. Was fairly chuffed that my limited mechanical ability had got this far, but i couldn't get the fuel filter housing apart. Managed to turn the metal ring, but nothing happened, so i retightened it.[V] How is this thing supposed to come apart?[?]Its a bosch fuel filter on an HDi 110.
johnny
My Cars:

Post by johnny »

Bosch fuel filters on HDi engines have a plastic top with a hexagon suitable for using a socket to remove top of housing.
If I remeber rightly its only a quarter turn anti-clockwise to remove.
pikecrazy
My Cars:

Post by pikecrazy »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by johnny</i>

Bosch fuel filters on HDi engines have a plastic top with a hexagon suitable for using a socket to remove top of housing.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
I have this problem with mine , and with a lot of pressure applied to the socket i still cannot undo it [?]
Is it a case of breaking and replacing [?]
pikecrazy
My Cars:

Post by pikecrazy »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by pikecrazy</i>

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by johnny</i>

I have this problem with mine , and with a lot of pressure applied to the socket i still cannot undo it [?]
Is it a case of breaking and replacing [?]
Can Anybody help please .........