Enlightened AX

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

yangreen

Enlightened AX

Post by yangreen »

Hi
Girlie's AX has somehow passed another MOT. The garage have managed to dislodge the drivers side headlamp though! Not totally their fault. It was held in with a jubilee clip (don't ask!) and some raw hope! (A bodge by a garage we won't be using again!)
The garage have said they will order in a new headlamp but I reckon the plastic lug has snapped off the front panel. I assume a new headlamp won't come with this plastic lug? I'm not sure how much AX headlamps are but it sounds like wasted money if that isn't the problem. Views anyone?
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Visit your nearest scrapper. Suspect a couple of other Cit/Pug models use the same bits.
BTW : tried the same back in '81 with my Simca. Workshop should replace left front wing (insurance damage). They replaced the headlamp housing - but forgot the plastic clips to hold the headlamp unit. They used scotch to keep the unit in place - until one day the headlamp unit suddenly popped out dangling in the wires [:D][:D]
One-off workshops we call them - you never come back [}:)]
yangreen

Post by yangreen »

Does that mean you agree it's the plasticky bit rather than the headlamp? Jumping around scrapyards is always fun. Am at the French National 2cv meeting next week so maybe I can even find a French scrapyard to prowl around!
Stinkwheel

Post by Stinkwheel »

My old AX GT's headlamps did that all the time. Just ignored it myself, And yes it was the little plastic clips that fit in the front panle that were broken.
gardenpeas
My Cars:

Post by gardenpeas »

go dowm your dealer mine still had these bits not to pricey, there a bastard to get on thou but my slam panel was very wonkey
yangreen

Post by yangreen »

Well, this AX is wonky all over. After a smash, it was "repaired" by an "approved" repairer who left the headlamp in this state and the bumper held on with cable ties!
We don't like the local main dealer (there's a surprise!) but may resort to handing over a little money!