Best way to get a Lock up......

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

paranoid
My Cars:

Best way to get a Lock up......

Post by paranoid »

Does anybody know the best way to go about getting a lockup garage....I tried Birmingham council for the last 18 months without a single reply, only need a single car one to store bits in.
born2die
My Cars:

Post by born2die »

Have you thought about self storage as I am in that game but based in coventry I think there is a spaces or a couple of indies around
VisaGTi16v

Post by VisaGTi16v »

Can only suggest the private ads in local papers but most garages like that are around £50 here. I rent mine from the local council and it costs me about £38 a month. It does state in the paperwork that I shouldnt carry out car maintenance etc however ive done 4 engine swaps now heh. I think they are just worried about noise etc so I just ensure im not loud except for the odd club hammer/stuck bit moment :)
bxbodger
My Cars:

Post by bxbodger »

I wouldn't have thought it would be hard to get a council lock up- I got one from Harlow council for £32 a month, so close by that I can see it-it took about 3 weeks! They do, however, constantly run campaigns to encourage people to rent them, and they have spruced up the blocks and made them less criminal friendly by improving visibility and lighting. The one we have is in a block where they simply took down an end wall and replaced it with see-through railings: no more break ins or fly tipping!!
Is it only me, though, or are all council garages dimensioned around the Austin 7 Ruby? We keep the wifes motor in it, and its a tight squeeze!!
yangreen

Post by yangreen »

I managed to get one when I was living in Brum. Had to contact the local council rather than overall Brum council but it's going back a bit and I can't remember how I did it!
All I remember is that they never sent me an invoice so I never paid them for the damp, dilappidated (or however you spell it) mess of a lock-up and I only moved out when they put a "pay or get out" sticker on the front door!
ActivaV6uk
My Cars: C5 X7 2.7 hdi

Past cars
Activa, silver MK1 (221bhp stock) stripped out with twin sparcos Evo seats. 95
Activa, light met red MK1 98
Activa, dark met red MK1 98
Activa, dark met blue MK1 (202bhp stock) 96
Xantia exclusive V6 auto 3l 98
Xantia 2l 8v auto
BX 4x4 GTi dark met silver
BX 4x4 GTi white
BX GTi 16v white fibre bumpers
BX GTi 16v black fibre bumpers
BX GTi 16v hurricane (doa)
BX DTR estate

Post by ActivaV6uk »

I've contacted Redditch councel there is a 6 year waiting list! i hope i will be in a better house by then!
Andy
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

There's couple of those storgae places in Birmingham that I know of. Selly oak and one on the Tyburn road.
VisaGTi16v

Post by VisaGTi16v »

I used to have another one near my current one and it couldnt be seen from local houses and it got broken into once. I never kept any tools or anything in it though. A bloke had one opposide, a decorator and I saw him when he was cleaning it out as he was fed up of stuff being stolen. Ive been ok with my other one and anyway, who wants spare Visa wings and bonnets. Not much of a black market for them :D
paranoid
My Cars:

Post by paranoid »

Stu McB Where are you from as I have wondered (I don't live that far from the tyburn place)