Xantia info, snippits

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

ActivaV6uk
My Cars: C5 X7 2.7 hdi

Past cars
Activa, silver MK1 (221bhp stock) stripped out with twin sparcos Evo seats. 95
Activa, light met red MK1 98
Activa, dark met red MK1 98
Activa, dark met blue MK1 (202bhp stock) 96
Xantia exclusive V6 auto 3l 98
Xantia 2l 8v auto
BX 4x4 GTi dark met silver
BX 4x4 GTi white
BX GTi 16v white fibre bumpers
BX GTi 16v black fibre bumpers
BX GTi 16v hurricane (doa)
BX DTR estate

Xantia info, snippits

Post by ActivaV6uk »

Ok I managed to find a few useful things out this weekend but some of them are a little obscure so its more for info than any real use.
1 if you own a 2.1TD, V6 or a CT and get a hum/rattle from the car whilst slowing down using engine breaking or using the lower end of the rev range. Its not the commonly thought lose heat shield, it is in fact the drivers side engine mount links, these cars all have a set of links to the inner wing as well as the standard upper engine mount these slowly fail. This may seem like a useless piece of info but out of 7 Xantia Activa’s that I see frequently 5 have this fault! It’s doesn’t seem to be mileage based either its down to age!
2 the Xantia keypad immobiliser. Doubt many of you have looked for info on this but its almost non existent. I can now tell you how the coded side of things work, the pad sends a serial data stream of 1 bite this contains the immobilizer code and another piece of info. This with the right cable intercepted can be read via a nul modem and a pc (guess what I will be up to very shortly). The wire to the ecu changes depending on the ecu (it’s not a common pin for obvious reasons) the pin from the pad is always the same however (will find it out again and post). The bad news is that the code can’t be read from the ecu you actually have to over write the old ecu's code and then unlock the ignition. To break the ecu’s code you would have to continually enter the possible bite after the ecu locks after every 30m lockout period with 3 wrong attempts. (so in fact you may as well just keep trying to enter the code on the pad)!
Andy
Homer
My Cars: Current:
Volvo V60 D4 180

Previous:
BX16RS (two of),
BX19TZI,
Xantia 2.0i saloon,
Xantia 2.0 Exclusive CT turbo Break,
Peugeot 807 2.0 HDi 110,
Renault Grand Scenic, 2.0 diesel (150bhp)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi 160 which put me off French cars possibly forever

Post by Homer »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by ActivaV6uk</i>

1 if you own a 2.1TD, V6 or a CT and get a hum/rattle from the car whilst slowing down using engine breaking or using the lower end of the rev range. Its not the commonly thought lose heat shield, it is in fact the drivers side engine mount links, these cars all have a set of links to the inner wing as well as the standard upper engine mount these slowly fail. This may seem like a useless piece of info but out of 7 Xantia Activa’s that I see frequently 5 have this fault! It’s doesn’t seem to be mileage based either its down to age!
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
<b>Now</b> you tell me.
So, I didn't have to put up with it for the last year.[:(]
Sounds exactly the problem I was having, a buzz which sounded just like a loose heat shield or a heat shield touching something. At 2000 to 1500 rpm when engine braking.
Oh well, whoever ends up with it, that's the biggest problem solved.
ActivaV6uk
My Cars: C5 X7 2.7 hdi

Past cars
Activa, silver MK1 (221bhp stock) stripped out with twin sparcos Evo seats. 95
Activa, light met red MK1 98
Activa, dark met red MK1 98
Activa, dark met blue MK1 (202bhp stock) 96
Xantia exclusive V6 auto 3l 98
Xantia 2l 8v auto
BX 4x4 GTi dark met silver
BX 4x4 GTi white
BX GTi 16v white fibre bumpers
BX GTi 16v black fibre bumpers
BX GTi 16v hurricane (doa)
BX DTR estate

Post by ActivaV6uk »

Thats exactly what that is! annoying isnt it! 2 of the activa owners with this problems are so sick of it they were talking about selling there cars!
Andy