Peugeot 406 1.9dt fuel pump

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

rich201283
My Cars:

Peugeot 406 1.9dt fuel pump

Post by rich201283 »

I have a peugeot 406 1.9td r reg 101000miles, I tried to start it and it struggled to start, when i got it started it wouldnt pull and run rough and the k light was on, if i flicked the ignition of then on the car would rev up as normal but soon went back to no pull and rough running when i dropped the revs
The exhaust was hot and the temp was hiher than normal
The k light came on when i first got the car, this came on when accelerating hard and i had the ecu code read (it was something to do with the needles in the pump.
This then corrected it self
The emmisions have got quite high over the last year
Do you think the pump is at fault or an electrical fault
Thanx
fastandfurryous
My Cars:

Post by fastandfurryous »

Someone who knows more about this will no doubt correct me on this, but I believe this injection pump was one of the first to have some electronic control. It uses a needle lift sensor in one of the injectors, a TDC sensor and an ECU. The injection pump, although mechanical, has electronic control of the injection timing (advance and retard). It sounds suspiciously like you have a fault with one of the sensors, and hence the timing is utterly wrong. The ecu fault code should give you more information as to which sensor is telling porkie-pies.
David.
rich201283
My Cars:

Post by rich201283 »

I got th fault read and they said it is a fault with the injection start up sensor maybe he means the advance and retarder/sensor, It is the one under the pump with a brown wire connected to it,
He has disconnected it an it runs better but flat and the engine runs hotter,Can anyone shed any light on this
How much are these sensors and are they easy to replace?