New toys!

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

vanny
My Cars:

New toys!

Post by vanny »

Visited Dave Bamber this weekend and collected my genuine Citroen tools that i bought on ebay, 5 boxes gratefully collected and stored by Mr B, thank you!
Its those annoying tools that the Haynes refers to 'use Citroen tool number 7xxx', well know i have some of them! It's taken a few hours but i've figured out what a couple of them do, theres no real instructions!
But today this came in the post
the PINT glass is to give you an idea of this whopper of an intercooler which im rather chuffed with! It's HUGE!
In other news, i spent the weekend playing in the BUSA Canoe Polo tournament and Liverpool Open team (mine) came in 9th overall! Amazing since last year we came in joint last!
Anybody else get any toys?
oilyspanner
My Cars:

Post by oilyspanner »

Hey Vanny thats not an intercooler is it? what are you intending to do with that??? paint it red and use it as a bonnet? Hows the BX? diagnosed it yet, my moneys on the turbo falling apart, fit another and it might live again. Congrats on the paddling, its good for getting your hands clean too.
Stewart
Dave Bamber
My Cars:

Post by Dave Bamber »

Hells Bells Vanny! That is one HUGE intercooler, Scania by any chance[:o)]
Here's my new toys, fitted late this afternoon by the good chaps at Fleetwood Tyre and Auto, bless 'em!
[8D][8D]<font color="red">SEXY</font id="red">[8D][8D]
oilyspanner
My Cars:

Post by oilyspanner »

Nice wheels dude, I have seen some just like it[:D]
Stewart
Dave Bamber
My Cars:

Post by Dave Bamber »

Probably on EBay about 4 weeks ago[;)]
vanny
My Cars:

Post by vanny »

<generic swear word> your right, my hands are actually really really clean! even under my nails! Looks like i'm buying myself a new transport vehicle this forth coming week a Microbat 230. Needs some minor body work but only has one previous fleet owner!
As for the car i'm not gonna even look at it till may 19th, but i'm hoping it's the turbo as well, im trying to find a KKK replacment but can only seem to find Garret which im not too keen on! with that intercooler im looking at minus temps if im lucky though i havent the slightest clue how the hell im going to be able to fit it! I do like the idea of fitting it as a bonnet though!
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

Just right for the daily commute. Just wish my belly wasnt so big or I would get one myself to go to work in. Why not fit the intercooler to the Microbat?
vanny
My Cars:

Post by vanny »

erm? if i front mount it then the boat will leak and it i rear mount it then the boat is less likely to roll, and as my combat bracing is none esistent i tend to end up upside down rather too often for my own liking! Im also getting a green and black rather than the blue and red!
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

Ahh but just think of the tactical advantage of a canoe with a TD engine.... Just think of your times[;)]
oilyspanner
My Cars:

Post by oilyspanner »

I have a spare garrett needing an actuator and my old KKK which is in working order but suspected of leaking oil into the compressor side,you are welcome to both or either of them Vanny, since fitting the Garrett and a boost control valve (which is currently wound out fully and not doing anything) boost pressure is back up to 15psi (standard baseline pressure). I have increased fuelling slightly and still have no smoke from the exhaust but WOW!!! the car is going like a rocket
[:D]
Stewart