ITV adverts

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

bernie
My Cars:

ITV adverts

Post by bernie »

I cannot believe that ITV went to an advert break with 3 laps of the GP to go[}:)][}:)][}:)][}:)][}:)][}:)]
Kowalski
My Cars: Ex 05 C5 2.0 HDI Exclusive 145k
Ex 97 Xantia 1.9TD SX 144k
Ex 94 Xantia Dimension 1.9TD 199k

Post by Kowalski »

They managed to miss Schumacher's last pit stop too.
Good timing...
paranoid
My Cars:

Post by paranoid »

Is this why they played the last 3 laps again afterwards?
Managed to miss the end of the race, but caught it afterwards do they usually do this?
np
My Cars:

Post by np »

I only caught the last 20 mins of the race,but totally agree.[:(!][:(!].This is why i lost interest in it,plus the fact that Schumacher was winning everything in sight over the last few years.Not his fault though,its up to the other teams to do better to beat him.Up untill last year,i have seen every race since 1995.But come `97,the adverts were[:(!][:0][:(!][:(].
I dont understand this advert thing.When ITV have live football on,they NEVER show adverts in that,only at half time!But they do with F1[:(!].
I supose it all comes down to £££$$$ at the end of the day.[:(!][:)]
Sl4yer
My Cars:

Post by Sl4yer »

I remember being devastated when ITV got the F1 coverage. But to be honest, they've done a great job with it.
Every race is shown live now, which could never have been envisaged ten years ago. There is more coverage of the practice, and more background info than the BBC ever dreamed of providing. ITV really grabbed the ball and ran like hell with it IMO.
The adverts are annoying of course, but the breaks are usually very short. Don't know what went wrong today though - the first race segment (before a break) seemed very long.
For anyone who finds the breaks too annoying, watch the internet Live Timing from www.formula1.com . You get to see the same timing screen as the teams - once you're into it you can REALLY see what is happening throughout the field. I wouldn't watch without it now.
Kowalski
My Cars: Ex 05 C5 2.0 HDI Exclusive 145k
Ex 97 Xantia 1.9TD SX 144k
Ex 94 Xantia Dimension 1.9TD 199k

Post by Kowalski »

There may be more coverage, but what about Sunday morning qualifying???
Its just not the same without Murray either.
gardenpeas
My Cars:

Post by gardenpeas »

cool post i was well pissed off i say we just refuse to buy the products off the people who advertise is these stupid slots
Sl4yer
My Cars:

Post by Sl4yer »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Kowalski</i>

There may be more coverage, but what about Sunday morning qualifying???
Its just not the same without Murray either.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Sunday morning qualifying is a farce with any broadcaster. Nobody is going devote six hours on a Sunday to motor racing. Whatever system they adopt, I hope they do it on low fuel for the flat-out spectacle.
I personally can live without Murray. He went downhill a bit towards the end.
kid
My Cars:

Post by kid »

[/quote]
I personally can live without Murray. He went downhill a bit towards the end.
[/quote]
its him going downhill what made f1 funny! how he got mixed up between red ferrari and blue williams always made me laugh, and his great one liners too. f1 is if backwards[8)].
by the way did anyone see him in on tv in the crowd at the snooker this afternoon in the white/ stevens match? he was looking well[:D]
unfortunetly its now a boring systematic approach where the unexpected has gone.
Homer
My Cars: Current:
Volvo V60 D4 180

Previous:
BX16RS (two of),
BX19TZI,
Xantia 2.0i saloon,
Xantia 2.0 Exclusive CT turbo Break,
Peugeot 807 2.0 HDi 110,
Renault Grand Scenic, 2.0 diesel (150bhp)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi 160 which put me off French cars possibly forever

Post by Homer »

As far as I am aware it's against the rules to put adverts in during a sporting event unless there is a "natural break".
Can you imagine them putting an ad break in five mins from the end of a football match?
As for the BBC coverage, I don't remember them ever missing a race. I do remember ITV deciding to put the Canadian GP on ITV2 a couple of years back because it clashed with corrie.[:(!] I had terrestrial digital TV at the time and it couldn't cope with the high speed action, I always had to use the analogue channels for the GPs.
And in case anyones wondering what this has to do with French cars...
Renault won it again. [:D]
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

Yes, it is frustrating that the adverts interupt the programme, and therefore the live coverage of F1, but for real frustration [:(!] try watching a programme if you are on holiday in America, they have adverts every five minutes. So if you were watching the F1 over there, it could take a long time, probably several hours ! [:(!]
bxbodger
My Cars:

Post by bxbodger »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">As far as I am aware it's against the rules to put adverts in during a sporting event unless there is a "natural break".
Sad to say, modern F1 is one loooooooooooooooong natural break.....its the ultimate statement of corporate interest before sport, even more so than premiership footie.
Oscar Too
My Cars:

Post by Oscar Too »

I agree with Bodger. When a techie in a bunker leaning over a laptop can remotely tweak the engine's performance, and then radio the driver to go harder, where's the excitement and skill? Plus it's an environmental nightmare. And a great shame that developing nations attach so much national prestige to hosting a GP that they are willing to spend several years' worth of health budget on building facilities that will get used twice a year and bring sod-all benefit to local communities.
Anyway, rant over : )
bxbodger
My Cars:

Post by bxbodger »

There's ten times the excitement of F1 at a local Banger meet!!
Its a bit like having the olympics to a developing nation, only they sell their souls to Bernie Ecclestone[}:)]for some imaginary status or benefit-and its the same in the UK, look at the Silverstone debacle, new trunk roads and all sorts being built at taxpayers expense so Bernie can get his punters in a bit quicker, and then he says he may still drop the race!!!!
Bring back TV rally-cross, thats what I say!!!!
bernie
My Cars:

Post by bernie »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by bxbodger</i>

Bernie can get his punters in a bit quicker, and then he says he may still drop the race!!!!
No comment