Anyone know About Nissan Serena diesel?

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

Stinkwheel

Anyone know About Nissan Serena diesel?

Post by Stinkwheel »

Wife has one of these,
Trying to figure out how the water pump comes off?
Do i need to remove the cam belt and pulleys does anyone know?
Cheers
Matt Smith
yangreen

Post by yangreen »

Does she? Poor her! I drove a van version. I seem to remember it feeling slow compared to my 2cv!
But as a man of no technical knowledge, sorry, can't help! Water pumps are usually driven by cambelt though so I imagine the belt has to come off.
Stinkwheel

Post by Stinkwheel »

Hello mate,
Yes it is slow, but she likes it and who am i to moan, she puts up with enough. Its driven by 2 belts that come off the crank and also drive the alternator. Got the cam cover off and alternator and power steering pump out the way just cant get my head in to see the waterpump front on (mid bloody engined you see) It looks like it should come off (and its not cambelt driven) but cant see any more bolts but it wont budge, maybe cam belt and tensioner have to come off to allow access. Not huge rush, new pumpat local factors until tuesday. Just wondered if anyone knew.
yangreen

Post by yangreen »

Ah, forgot you sit on the engine in those.
And you're right. She does put up with enough! At least having you working on the Serena keeps you off Ebay! Although obviously not off the internet...
Stinkwheel

Post by Stinkwheel »

no, was looking on the internet for info on the thing. But apparantly they are non exsistant in cyberspace. And haynes dont even do a book of lies for it.
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

Try Haynes's Autralian site or look for the Chilton series of manuals. May be some thing you can view of e-mail. Just got one for my new Mazda. Not exactly the same but all the basics are there.
Stinkwheel

Post by Stinkwheel »

Thanks Stuart,
Had a better look and somehow managed to climb inside the engine bay this morning. Had to remove the cam belt tensioner and idler gear and cambelt (all duly marked up for re-fitting - its quite new so not bothered changing) this revealed a cover which revealed the rest of the waterpump. Its amazing it only broke the pump, its seized and the fan belts have exerted such a force its snapped the impeller shaft of the pump. Blimey!!
Waiting for new pump to arrive tuesday now.
alexp-j
My Cars:

Post by alexp-j »

officially the slowest car in Britain when it was on sale. 0-60 in 23s or something ridiculous.
Stinkwheel

Post by Stinkwheel »

And let me tell you it feels it. I really do not like it to drive but being van based if you fold the seats up you can get motorbikes in the back no probelem and its tows a 2CV on an a - frame no trouble at all. suppose it has to have some reedeeming features :-)
yangreen

Post by yangreen »

How to make a 2cv even slower. Tow it with a Nissan Serena!! :P
TomH
My Cars:

Post by TomH »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by alexp-j</i>

officially the slowest car in Britain when it was on sale. 0-60 in 23s or something ridiculous.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
The early ones had a pathetically underpowered 67BHP 2.0 diesel that managed to scrape 60 in 31 seconds!, then they introduced a 2.3D that wan't a lot better (26 seconds)
Imagine if you had a full load!