Xantia plip

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

np
My Cars:

Xantia plip

Post by np »

I dug out my spare plip today,but it wont lock/unlock the car.Batterys are fine,the plip lights as normal when pressing the buttons,but wont work.It hasn`t been used in over a year,as i swap them about every year.It worked fine the last time.It wouldn`t need reprograming would it??
BTW,the other plip works fine.
Thanks.
Richard Gallagher
My Cars:

Post by Richard Gallagher »

Reprogramme it, it only takes a couple of seconds, point it at the sensor with ignition switched on and fire, job done.
np
My Cars:

Post by np »

Ok,thanks Richard.Just having a break from doing the glow plugs!Been at it an hour now & changed all 4.Just need to reconnect wires & put everything back together.Will have ago in a bit.
np
My Cars:

Post by np »

Right then,i`m well confused now[:I].Reprogramed remote ok.Now works.But the other one dosen`t.Reprogram non working 1,it then works,but the other 1 dosen`t & so on[:I][?][:I][?].Only one remote will work at any time.That isnt right is it[?][:I][:)]
xantiav6

Post by xantiav6 »

With many car remote locking systems, the receiver only remembers the last few codes that it was reprogrammed with, and if you train it more than once with the same remote, then it pushes the others out of the memory.
Make sure you press the remote once only when training.
np
My Cars:

Post by np »

Try`d that,still doing the same thing as before.I wonder if i took out the plip pcb from the fob so its just an empty plip casing,stick that one in the ignition,then try programing the other one.
Its like as i program the non working plip,it deletes the code from the working one,& so on.
xantiav6

Post by xantiav6 »

I just picked up a spare plip on ebay, and the programming procedure that worked for me was:
1. Have ignition turned off, with key (not attached to plip) in ignition.
2. Turn on ignition (all dash warning light on).
3. Promply press each button of the first remote, 1 second each (do not turn off ignition).
4. Repeat step 3 for the first remote (do not turn off ignition).
5. Repeat step 3 with the second remote (do not turn off ignition).
6. Repeat step 5.
7. Switch off ignition and check that both remote work.
np
My Cars:

Post by np »

Thanks XantiaV6,i`ll try that when i get my car back.Wont be for a few weeks yet as i`m waiting for a Hydractive unit from Citroen France.
Will let you know though.