Oh look, another ZX

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Oh look, another ZX

Post by RichardW »

So there I was quietly minding my own business, when BAM! a new ZX TD dropped out the sky (well Autotrader actually)! This one is a 94M Avantage, immaculate inside and out, only 65k, lots of Citroen stamps in the service book. Has working ABS (no rear drums - hurrah!), all original keys present, even the remote locking works [8D].
Bit of a knock from the front, but expect that is just a drop link, and just starting with the subframe mount knocks. Probably needs the cambelt renewing (will see if I can find out from the servicing garage when it was last done), and I expect the dash bulbs will want doing (couldn't tell as it was sunny when I was test driving it).
I'm pleased at the moment - will see when I get it home and have a proper look over it!
Need to get rid of the other one now: http://www.andyspares.com/discussionfor ... C_ID=13462
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

Rich what's wrong with the other ZX? LOL
oscarloco
My Cars:

Post by oscarloco »

Citroen ZX, you gotta love them. Stylish or not, it's a car you fall in love with it.
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

Shouldn't do that should I?? Had a poke at the inevitable rusty patch behind the PAS resvervoir last night and now there's a hole in it. D'oh. It's only about the size of my finger, so shouldn't take long to weld a patch over it.
For peace of mind, do people unplug ABS ECUs when welding on cars? Anybody know if the ZX alarm will go loopy when I disconnect the battery?
Still reckon it's a good un though!
citroenzx
My Cars:

Post by citroenzx »

The alarm will probably go off when the battery is reconnected, no harm in disconnecting the ecu either, its not exactly difficult.