xantia td lx 1.9

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Nick Parsons
My Cars:

xantia td lx 1.9

Post by Nick Parsons »

i'm asking for help rather than offering any. as a new Xantia TD LX 1.9 owner i think i may have a fault on the suspension. the car rises to full height and lowers completely but in the driving position the front aligns correctly but the back stays down on the back wheels . the spheres appears rusty only at the rear. do you think that this could be causing the fault?
would really appreciate the benifit of your experience.
Nick
Ian Fearn
My Cars:

Post by Ian Fearn »

When in normal mode, does the back end eventually rise or does it always stay down??
Nick Parsons
My Cars:

Post by Nick Parsons »

Ian
Always stays down Nick
oilyspanner
My Cars:

Post by oilyspanner »

Sounds like sticking linkages under the rear with any luck, get it up on some ramps ,follow the control rods and you will find the rear height corrector linkages, lots of sliding bits and springs here, clean and lubricate these .TAKE CARE UNDER THE CAR, SECURELY ON RAMPS OR OVER A PIT, THESE CARS CAN AND HAVE KILLED
Stewart
mpr1956
My Cars:

Post by mpr1956 »

Hi nick, I've had this problem... along with lubing everything with wd40 (aka "start you bastard!"), you may find that a white plastic linkage about 2 cm long with a hole each end has come off one of its mountings just in front of the height corrector- this is a common problem and easily solved... just push it back on for now and get a new one asap... ( hope this is your problem!!)and remember oilys' warning.. please don't be tempted to "have a quick look"