STOP!! Light and cooling fan

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

ezee_duzit
My Cars:

STOP!! Light and cooling fan

Post by ezee_duzit »

Whilst driving I have been noticing the STOP light coming on and off occassionally. After stopping the car I notice the engine fan has kicked in although the temp is reading around 80 degrees.
Just spoken with Peugeot dealer, he mentioned the slow speed cooling fan might be faulty? Any solutions on what might be causing this? Also he said to check the temp sensor, but wasn't sure where it was, does anyone know where it is located on a 306 1.8 XS 16v 1999.
Or if anyone has any other ideas as to what it might be?
Cheers
EZ
PowerLee
My Cars: Current - Slightly modified 2016 Pug 308 Puretech 130 Allure
Past:
2003 - 206 GLX TU3JP & 206 SE ET3JP4
1995 - 405 Executive XU10J2
1996 - 406 GLX XU10J4R
1994 - 405 GTX XU10J2

Post by PowerLee »

Hi
Have a look around near the thermostat area for a small brown connector plug attached to a temp sensor.
Check the connection to this brown sensor because this feeds the Bitron box with information.
The Bitron box controls the cooling fans, STOP & High temp warning lights & Aircon.
If the sensor or its wiring goes faulty then the fans & warning lights come on as a safety measure so you dont ccok the engine.
Have a look at this link, Click on "Electrical" at the top & then on "306 cooling fans basic principle of operation" in the list on the left hand side.
http://www.peugeotlogic.com/workshop/base/workshop.htm
The temp gauge uses the blue sensor.