ZX Aura MOT.

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

James.UK
My Cars:

ZX Aura MOT.

Post by James.UK »

Ooeerr just had Jeans ZX Aura done. Rear brakes freed up, they were sticking a bit, one hand brake cable replaced.
Exhaust emissions very high even after fortes added to fuel and long blast up the local M'way! so had to adjust the fuel pump in the end. Maybe that's why its always used slightly more fuel than the Avantage. [8)]
Plus a full service, all fluids except gear box changed, didn't have time to do the gearbox so its going back to have that done next week, but its been paid for, total bill £160. Ouch! [:0] [:I]
Things that will need doing soon.. Slight play in both rear axle front mounts, and both outer CV boots showing signs of cracking.
The car had a full years MOT on it when I bought it as part of the deal, so this is its first "real" MOT since aquired [;)] So all things considered it was very good news really. [^]
I will do (as in assist! [:I]) the remaining items when the weather warms up bit and I can get the use of their lifts n stuff, they are far too busy right now..
oilyspanner
My Cars:

Post by oilyspanner »

Well done James, all ready for another year.
Stewart
DarkendViper

Post by DarkendViper »

My ZX Volcane is in for the MOT tomorrow. Hopefully it should go straight through.
The only thing is the rear shockers have ovalised the bottom mounting. Got two sat in the footwell, just need the time to fit them.
My dad's ZX Avantage went straight through it's 4 mot without needing any work. He services it every 10k miles and thats it. It's real cheap for him to run. It also returns about 60mpg. It's a 1.9D
Ste