Xantia SX TD 1998 Climate control / heater fan

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

docbrown
My Cars:

Xantia SX TD 1998 Climate control / heater fan

Post by docbrown »

Hi guys
I have a problem with my heater fan in the car.
This morning my climate control was not working and I was having to flick the fan onto manual to get it to blow out heat however this afternoon the the switch is now doing nothing at all, does anyone have any suggestions?
at the moment I can switch it onto climate or manually to max and nothing happens, I cannot hear the fan spinning at all, has anyone had this problem before with a xantia?
cheers
np
My Cars:

Post by np »

A common problem,usally the ingition switch,do a search for loads of info on it.But on mine,i have the same problem on & off & its not the ing switch.Under the glove box in the foot well,take off the carpet where the pollen filter/heater motor is.Have a look for the thick red main supply wire going into the heater motor.On mine,the connectors are a bit dodgey.If mine dosn`t run,i fiddle/wriggle the wire & it then works fine.I really need to replace the wire & connectors,but it only does it every now & then,so haven`t got around to doing it.
PeterMann
My Cars:

Post by PeterMann »

If you want info & circuit diagram for installing a shunt relay to lighten the load on the ignition switch, email me at nicolewis@optusnet.com.au
littleredrooster

Post by littleredrooster »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by np</i>

A common problem,usally the ingition switch,do a search for loads of info on it.But on mine,i have the same problem on & off & its not the ing switch.Under the glove box in the foot well,take off the carpet where the pollen filter/heater motor is.Have a look for the thick red main supply wire going into the heater motor.On mine,the connectors are a bit dodgey.If mine dosn`t run,i fiddle/wriggle the wire & it then works fine.I really need to replace the wire & connectors,but it only does it every now & then,so haven`t got around to doing it.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Exactly the same on me 405 TD that i have just sold!
Auto-elec mate said that it the first sign of the motor brushes being ****ged. Wiggling the wires moves the brushes enough to make contact with the armature again. Simple repair, apparently.
Edit: Wow - not allowed to type "****ged"; is "goosed" permitted? [:D]
Edit 2: I suppose "S****horpe" is out of the question, then!