It runs - following major disaster!

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

vanny
My Cars:

It runs - following major disaster!

Post by vanny »

Well after a 4 month lay up Jaz is finally back on the road, though not as easily as i had imagined!
After getting the bus to my parents, picking up the insurance documents and sprinting to the post office i was just in time to get a years worth of tax. Walk back to the parents house, start the car! Amazingly it started up pretty easily. Used the drive to do some heavy breaking and get the rust off, then got out to notice lots of fluid running off the bottom of the sump!
It's clear fluid so i'm assuming its water, and while it tastes a little waxy i figuered it was just mixed with LHM! Followed the leak upto behind the fuel pump and at this point i figured the worst and broke down. Called AndyC (as i know he nothing better to do!), and thank god for him we realise its NOT water but infact diesel! Squeezing the priming bulb diesel gushes from the return side of the pump! Turns out the bolt that hold the cast bit that the return pipes push onto has come loose. It's held in place by two copper washers so i assumed that these had failed and toddled off to the Peugeot garage in the village, and for the first time in 4 years they simply wouldn't help! I guess last thing on a friday is a pig of time to get car things done! So i called the local Cit dealer and Gary (the parts man) god help try as he might just didn't have a clue what i meant and certainly couldn't find it on Laser! Add to this road works between me and them meant i wouldn't get there for an age anyways!
So went back home and simply nipped up the bolt and so far it's doing well! This would probably explain a)deteriorating fuel economy b)bad starting from leak off of the diesel from the head! I may give Andy C a big kiss when i see him later today!
So that beign that i drove back to liverpool. Enjoying a nice country lane, and rapidly loosing and Audi thats been pinned to my bumper because i was doing 32 in a 30, i hear a loud thud and have no power from the engine! Fortunately i now this one and a turbo hose has blown! Better still it's only the clip so off to the factors to get one as soon as they open (i can see them from my bedroom window!).
Yesterday was a long day! But today im driving from Liverpool to Portsmouth to get adamski's St Tropez with a friend! gonna be a long day! Will let you know how i get on!
oilyspanner
My Cars:

Post by oilyspanner »

The beast drives! well done Vanny
Stewart
Mosser
My Cars:

Post by Mosser »

Adamski has still got the BX on ebay and it doesnt end for another 14 hours, if you've already bought it, you might want to remind him to remove it from auction otherwise he will get a bad feedback from whoever wins it (unless its you!)
ActivaV6uk
My Cars: C5 X7 2.7 hdi

Past cars
Activa, silver MK1 (221bhp stock) stripped out with twin sparcos Evo seats. 95
Activa, light met red MK1 98
Activa, dark met red MK1 98
Activa, dark met blue MK1 (202bhp stock) 96
Xantia exclusive V6 auto 3l 98
Xantia 2l 8v auto
BX 4x4 GTi dark met silver
BX 4x4 GTi white
BX GTi 16v white fibre bumpers
BX GTi 16v black fibre bumpers
BX GTi 16v hurricane (doa)
BX DTR estate

Post by ActivaV6uk »

Well he is on his way home now after a 3-4 hours layover at my place (bit of a meetup as FDV turned up too), glad to see that Jaz is fine and even better Vanny didnt even try and kiss me! :P
Hope you had a good journy mate is was good to see you!
Andy
ActivaV6uk
My Cars: C5 X7 2.7 hdi

Past cars
Activa, silver MK1 (221bhp stock) stripped out with twin sparcos Evo seats. 95
Activa, light met red MK1 98
Activa, dark met red MK1 98
Activa, dark met blue MK1 (202bhp stock) 96
Xantia exclusive V6 auto 3l 98
Xantia 2l 8v auto
BX 4x4 GTi dark met silver
BX 4x4 GTi white
BX GTi 16v white fibre bumpers
BX GTi 16v black fibre bumpers
BX GTi 16v hurricane (doa)
BX DTR estate

Post by ActivaV6uk »

At about the time i wrote the above post, Vannys altenator died he is now stuck at M6 J13 on the way home waiting for a flatbed truck!
i'm sure he will blame it on my above post!
Andy