Any decent scrapyards/breakers ?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

zxb29
My Cars:

Any decent scrapyards/breakers ?

Post by zxb29 »

ANyone know of any decent breakers in the west midlands area that have a large number of cars.
ONly one i know of now is in Bilston Wolves behind the Morrisons.
They seem to be all closing slowly.
ActivaV6uk
My Cars: C5 X7 2.7 hdi

Past cars
Activa, silver MK1 (221bhp stock) stripped out with twin sparcos Evo seats. 95
Activa, light met red MK1 98
Activa, dark met red MK1 98
Activa, dark met blue MK1 (202bhp stock) 96
Xantia exclusive V6 auto 3l 98
Xantia 2l 8v auto
BX 4x4 GTi dark met silver
BX 4x4 GTi white
BX GTi 16v white fibre bumpers
BX GTi 16v black fibre bumpers
BX GTi 16v hurricane (doa)
BX DTR estate

Post by ActivaV6uk »

no ive found that too there seem to be less and less. ive actualy started giving them a biut extra when i buy things now to help them meet there costs. some of the colsures are down to new enviromental laws being so hard to keep to.
Andy
cornishbx16v

Post by cornishbx16v »

our local french car breakers down the road from me is starting to suffer from the governments legislations! they are now to be charged for removal offall plastics, due to this they now keepa very limeted number of older cars like the bx!! and there price has gone up too! £10 for a std manual wing mirror!
ActivaV6uk
My Cars: C5 X7 2.7 hdi

Past cars
Activa, silver MK1 (221bhp stock) stripped out with twin sparcos Evo seats. 95
Activa, light met red MK1 98
Activa, dark met red MK1 98
Activa, dark met blue MK1 (202bhp stock) 96
Xantia exclusive V6 auto 3l 98
Xantia 2l 8v auto
BX 4x4 GTi dark met silver
BX 4x4 GTi white
BX GTi 16v white fibre bumpers
BX GTi 16v black fibre bumpers
BX GTi 16v hurricane (doa)
BX DTR estate

Post by ActivaV6uk »

one of my local ones has moved to a site that is 1/10th of its original size and reduced cars to a handfull and of cause put prices up! it was at one time someware you could always garentee BX parts from and the owner is a citrone lover and kept them on hand, now they cant afford to keep them as there so expensive to strip!
Andy
VisaGTi16v

Post by VisaGTi16v »

I remember about 5 years ago, going to a local scrap yard and it had 5 visa's in. Ive only seen 2 on the road in the last 6 months or so!.
There is a good one near Crawley south of London if anyones in that area. I was there the other day having a look. They sell and fit 2nd hand tyres, have a whole building for alternators and starters etc which they test and give a months warrenty with and so on. http://www.gwbridges.co.uk/
dnsey

Post by dnsey »

There are a couple of decent ones in Telford, including one which moved to larger premises a few yaers ago - nice clean concrete surface, cars easy to get to and nicely grouped by model, and prices pretty reasonable - I had a new-looking Xantia rad a couple of years ago for about £25.00 with bring-it-back guarantee.
zzf00l
My Cars:

Post by zzf00l »

Do tell dnsey, I work over in Telford not far from the Auction place!
paranoid
My Cars:

Post by paranoid »

Will try my best to get name and address, but there is a really helpfull guy just off Ladywood middleway in brum, try a search for citroen breakers on yahoo (thats how I found him)
Not really a scrapyard but he has masses of parts and really knows his Citroen's, when I was last there he had about 8-9 xantia's in for bits, with new stuff coming in every week.
paranoid
My Cars:

Post by paranoid »

This is the place......http://www.citroenparts.co.uk/..
rossd
My Cars:

Post by rossd »

Yep, I'll recommend Bridges near Crawley too, for anybody in the area. They boast to be one of if not the largest breakers in the country!! Always plenty of Xantias, ZX's 306's, Saxos, 106 etc etc
soupy_sam
My Cars:

Post by soupy_sam »

Do not go to Avon Autospares in Rugby they are <b>VERY</b> expensive.
£25 for Xantia rear light cluster
dnsey

Post by dnsey »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Do tell dnsey, I work over in Telford <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
it's AAA Telford Motor Spares,
Lightmoor Rd
Little Dawley
(01952) 591728
(Park in the car park ouside the gates - it's easier to get out when it's busy).
I haven't needed to go there for a year or so, but they've always been excellent!
Cheers,
Dave.
pete@co.uk
My Cars:

Post by pete@co.uk »

hi guys
One good breakers i know is midland citroen in wednesbury west midlands i always go there and he always has everything on the shelf and also he supplys and fits as well if you want i had a set of rear spheres fitted on my xantia by him and they were brand new genuine(he doesn't belive in regassed spheres) for £70. you,ll find him in the west midland auto trader under breakers and salvage and he really knows his citroens.
pete.......................
zxb29
My Cars:

Post by zxb29 »

I think we need to start a Scrapyard Breakers thread. I always end up going to Pimhole in bury as they have several breakers in the same little area.
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

There are several good ones in Dorset if you ever get that way, one just outside Dorchester has the remains of 3 or 4 XMs. M&M Motors of Holmbridge Yorks break nothing but Citroens and have a good delivery service. Dont have the phone number to hand but if anyone is interested I will post it here.