Alarms

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

citroenzx
My Cars:

Alarms

Post by citroenzx »

Why do people say that the alarm is going off??????? Going off would be pointless, surely the go on [8)]
Robin
My Cars:

Post by Robin »

and on, and on and on and on.
And still no bug*** gives a damn!
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

What makes me laugh [:D] [:D] are the Clifford alarms that make many different noises from the siren to attract attention, but end up winding others up with the stupid range of odd sounds that they emmit.
The thing is, they can also end up getting ignored the same as any other alarm.
paranoid
My Cars:

Post by paranoid »

Last weekend I heard the most effective alarm, that got the most attention I've ever seen..........
When disturbed it played chariots of fire at full blast, sounds silly but it got everybodys attention in a very busy carpark.
PowerLee
My Cars: Current - Slightly modified 2016 Pug 308 Puretech 130 Allure
Past:
2003 - 206 GLX TU3JP & 206 SE ET3JP4
1995 - 405 Executive XU10J2
1996 - 406 GLX XU10J4R
1994 - 405 GTX XU10J2

Post by PowerLee »

I remember a few years ago, You could get an alarm that played back a recorded message of the owners choice, It had about a 60 second memory.
It was in a newspaper a few years back, Someone had there alarm set to play a Des O Connor song when it went off! lol
Thats sure to get everones attention.
reblack68
My Cars:

Post by reblack68 »

My alarm, an aftermarket one that was already on the car when I bought it, does the range of sounds thing. I don't use it any more because it annoys me too much and nobody ever associates a car alarm with theft anyway.
DoubleChevron
My Cars:

Post by DoubleChevron »

Instead of hooking up the siren, run it's input to a relay that drives some piezo buzzers (horrific sounding) and some air horns mounted *inside* the car. If anyone can tolerate all that noise just to pinch a car or stereo ...... they deserve it ;-)
seeya,
Shane L.
citroenzx
My Cars:

Post by citroenzx »

a while ago i watched one of thes setup shows, they had done the usual leaving it unlocked, briefcase on the back seat, etc, but instead of an alarm they had installed a flamethrower style kit onto the wheel hubs, very funny to watch!
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by citroenzx</i>

a while ago i watched one of thes setup shows, they had done the usual leaving it unlocked, briefcase on the back seat, etc, but instead of an alarm they had installed a flamethrower style kit onto the wheel hubs, very funny to watch!
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Was the show called Swag ?
I liked the one where they having got into the car, they end up getting locked in, and can't get out at all. The film crew who are recording all of this, and watching them squirm, also set off stunt air bags, smoke generators, and informed the trapped occupants that the police were on their way. [:D] [:D]
citroenzx
My Cars:

Post by citroenzx »

I believe it was somthing like that, was quite a while ago though. Fantastic shows arn't they [:D][:D]
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

Yes, they certainly are !
It's great to see them caught out, and suffer as these sort of people make their victims suffer, and deserve to be caught, and publicly humiliated like this.
Another good one was where they jump in the back of a truck, where goods are left on display, at the front end furthest away from the open rear door. The door was then quickly shut, and secured leaving the thief inside, the vehicle has bars all along the inside, and is like a big prison cell.
Now, the side curtains of the curtain sider truck are pulled back, and with a loud speaker anouncement telling everybody on the street what he has done, as they drive by he is publicly humiliated, [:D] and given a modern equivalent of a flogging without any physical pain !
citroenzx
My Cars:

Post by citroenzx »

Superb, sounds like the sort of program that should be on Bravo