Stop with the MOT's!

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

vanny
My Cars:

Stop with the MOT's!

Post by vanny »

Will you lot PLEASE stop talking about MOT's!
Mine isn't very far away (Mid May), and the way everyone is passing there's it's probably a BAD omen for me! Have loads to do, including new black circle, one rear arm, clutch, maybe spheres, leaks all over (mostly LHM!). And with exams in mind i dont think i'll ahve the time to do them! And i REALLY dont want to fail the MOT either, can't deal with the stress!
So no more of this MOT talk, but since i've brought it up who else has an MOT due?
oilyspanner
My Cars:

Post by oilyspanner »

Might as well break it up for parts Vanny, with all the work and all that, bagsy first dibs on the interior[;)]
Stewart
seriously if you need any help you only have to call.
ActivaV6uk
My Cars: C5 X7 2.7 hdi

Past cars
Activa, silver MK1 (221bhp stock) stripped out with twin sparcos Evo seats. 95
Activa, light met red MK1 98
Activa, dark met red MK1 98
Activa, dark met blue MK1 (202bhp stock) 96
Xantia exclusive V6 auto 3l 98
Xantia 2l 8v auto
BX 4x4 GTi dark met silver
BX 4x4 GTi white
BX GTi 16v white fibre bumpers
BX GTi 16v black fibre bumpers
BX GTi 16v hurricane (doa)
BX DTR estate

Post by ActivaV6uk »

dito with any luck i will be redundant at that point and the 2 of us can spend ages sorting out our cars :)
Andy
bernie
My Cars:

Post by bernie »

MOT
MOT
MOT
MOT
MOT
MOT
MOT
MOT
MOT
MOT
MOT
MOT
MOT
[:D]
James.UK
My Cars:

Post by James.UK »

Hi Vanny! erm.. the ZX Aura is due its MOT monday week? 18th I think? [:I] So that means I bought it a year ago. Needs the handbrake adjusting, that's about it far as I can see.. [:D]
The cigar lighter socket is minus any elec wires for some strange reason? lol but Jean isn't bothered so it wont get wired up I guess.
I'm only an hour or so's drive from Ellesmere port area, so if I can help in any way just ask.. That goes for you too Stewart, if I can ever help in any way I will gladly do so. [:)] My email is on my profile..
oilyspanner
My Cars:

Post by oilyspanner »

Hi James, the Aura should go through without drama, if you get a fail let us know, have to think about some kind of gathering soon? another Northern noggin etc,
Stewart
Dave Bamber
My Cars:

Post by Dave Bamber »

My BX passed first time with a smoke test of 0.35[B)]
Vanny, as it sounds so bad, I'd give up if I was you and buy a Nova[}:)]
Right then, thats Stewart having the interior, and I'll have the wheels[:o)]
Richard Gallagher
My Cars:

Post by Richard Gallagher »

What's the problem with MOT's?
My Xantia passed yesterday without a problem................But then it had only done 1,606 miles since the last one[:D]
paranoid
My Cars:

Post by paranoid »

Just hope you don't get the "it hasn't passed but it hasn't failed" I got when I took my brothers 206 in
Aparently there was play in the wheel bearing that disapeared and never showed up again[V]
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

I thought I was going to have trouble with the MOT on my BX TD last September as it leaked fluid while on hoilday and I thought the octopus or some other part of the return system was at fault - so I booked it in a month early to give a bit of time to put it right and thought at least the mOT man would find where it was leaking for me. I didn't replace the cracked mirror, change the air filter or even give it a fast run before sending it in. I duly rang up to see what had happened and much to my surprise it had passed and in fact the sheet was unmarked!
The leak turned out to me far more serious and was the main pipe to the safety valve on which a plastic clip had actually chaffed through the steel pipe and had got to the stage where it was weeping! Actually easier than the octopus! and cost about £22 for a new genuine pipe which was quite easy to fit!
jeremy
Homer
My Cars: Current:
Volvo V60 D4 180

Previous:
BX16RS (two of),
BX19TZI,
Xantia 2.0i saloon,
Xantia 2.0 Exclusive CT turbo Break,
Peugeot 807 2.0 HDi 110,
Renault Grand Scenic, 2.0 diesel (150bhp)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi 160 which put me off French cars possibly forever

Post by Homer »

Our Xantia passed all 4 of it's MOTs at first attempt, the most it ever needed was a numberplate bulb! :)
DoubleChevron
My Cars:

Post by DoubleChevron »

If it makes you feel better, where I live we never need an MOT, never need a Roadworthy. If I'd bought a DS new in 1974 (hard when I would have just been born) and kept it till now, it would **never** have had a Roadworthy/MOT. You see we only need to get an MOT/Roadworthy to change a car into our name. After that it is upto the owner to keep it in good repair.
seeya,
Shane L.
James.UK
My Cars:

Post by James.UK »

ZX Aura goes in for its MOT on monday - - - Just thought I'd mention it.. [:o)] [:D] [:)]