Citroen car Club.

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

tomsheppard
My Cars:

Citroen car Club.

Post by tomsheppard »

Readers who are still listening will know that I was less than impressed with them. I returned their regalia and explained that I felt ripped off. I would like to say that they promptly refunded my money.
But they didn't. Nor did they ever send me a single copy of the magazine that I have paid for.
I shall leave you to draw your own conclusions.
bxbodger
My Cars:

Post by bxbodger »

But you haven't got a Traction or a DS......their attitude sounds like the MG owners club when the MG Maestro and Metro appeared-they were every bit an MG in being a concoction of production parts, and probably closer to the original MG spirit than the MGA twin cam ever was, but they were'nt built at Abingdon and they didn't like them, and still don't !!
Stinkwheel

Post by Stinkwheel »

Thats a shame Tom. And possibly illegal. But I dont know I've never bothered to read any of the small print.
bxbodger, I get the same feeling from a proportion of the CCC but not all of it (or them) and there in lies the problem. Plenty of aloof and unapproachable people, offset by a really friendly, helpful bunch.
I think thats just life. Unfortunatly.
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

I joined the CCC at the NEC last year. I cant say I have tried to use any of the "technical" advice as I have found this forum much more informative, and certainly very very speedy in its response.
The magazines are of ok content, though there seems very sporadic and little support of newer models such as the AX, BX and even Xantia - though Richard Galagher has now taken the reigns up on that side at least.
I have not attended any of the meetings or gatherings - mostly because the "northern" section seem biased towards the north east of the country - though Im sure Mike will correct me here if Im wrong.
I have to say i find the 2CVGB club, though the magazine is slimmer, much more supportive of members, and much more helpfull. Their meetings and gatherings also seem to be more open to all.
I mean this is only my opinion, and I have only been a member of both for a short time. Though I personally doubt I will renew my CCC membership, I feel I will continue with 2CVGB, even though I dont own one (yet).
Perhaps Tom, we should develop the BX club a further and open it to other marques too (Xantia etc?)
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

Fair comment Marty.
The work of the BX club falls on Jon, who has this forum, Wife, Kids, cat, Citroens and his vintner to look after as well as his day job. He is doing very well to put in time to run the BX club and it wouldn't be fair on him to ask him to enlarge it. Like this forum, it is a self help group for the like minded and, of course it is free to join and participate in. Were we to charge a nominal subscription, there would be all the palaver of putting this on a business footing which wouldn't necessarily benefit members. What would help though would be to:
a: exploit the democratisation of the 'net
b: meet face to face when we can
c: spread the word.
With these aims in mind, Send Jon stuff in Word which he can quickly upload to the site so that the world can look in.
Arrange noggin and natter sessions in your area, via all Citroen related sites that you use and carry in your car joining slips.
I've made some of these.
They are just slips of paper, about eight to the A4 page.
Mine are worded:
"www.bxclub.co.uk" in big letters, and in smaller letters underneath:
"keeping the 37,000 surviving BXs alive because we like them.
No spam, no popups. You'll probably find something of interest."
I leave one beneath the wiper of any BX I see parked.
The club will only gain credibility with magazines and owners if we do this, so please help if you can. We are allowed to plunder this forum for topics and advice
which may be a way of improving the site's content.
You have just bought a Tizzydee. Congratulations. THey are a brilliant and cheap car. Getting one right will take half a year and £500. The trick is to be sure of what you are spending the money on and to spend it in the right order. As I'm off topic, I'll start a new thread for you.
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

Nope, all thats fair comment there Tom, and I agree. I wouldnt want Jon - or indeed anybody else overworked.
Will do something similar to what you say regarding the promotion of the BXClub.co.uk. as this sounds a good idea, there is a very nice TGD parked up in the surgery car park next door which I have long had my eye on, but the owner seems reluctant to part company with.
Looking forward to becoming much poorer with the TZD[;)] Cant ever be as hemmoragic with cash as the bl***y AX though, surely?
<i>Edit: Just noticed BXClub.co.uk is off line again. Problems with the host again?</i>
alan s
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Post by alan s »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by martyhopkirk</i>

<i>Edit: Just noticed BXClub.co.uk is off line again. Problems with the host again?</i>
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Nup still working this side of the counter Guv;
Have just posted a link to the BX club on the CitroenZ site in case there's anybody being missed.
Alan S
oilyspanner
My Cars:

Post by oilyspanner »

I think our web based club is working well, more get togethers might be nice though difficult due to the geographical spread of members, at least we seem to be an amicable lot and rather resourceful when we put our minds to it.
Stewart
VisaGTi16v

Post by VisaGTi16v »

I thought about joining the CCC but a fellow Visa owner told me he went along to own of the meetings and the bloke on the gate tried to not let him in and has to ask him what his car was...I know its not one of the "classic" citroens but it still sold 1.25million!
ActivaV6uk
My Cars: C5 X7 2.7 hdi

Past cars
Activa, silver MK1 (221bhp stock) stripped out with twin sparcos Evo seats. 95
Activa, light met red MK1 98
Activa, dark met red MK1 98
Activa, dark met blue MK1 (202bhp stock) 96
Xantia exclusive V6 auto 3l 98
Xantia 2l 8v auto
BX 4x4 GTi dark met silver
BX 4x4 GTi white
BX GTi 16v white fibre bumpers
BX GTi 16v black fibre bumpers
BX GTi 16v hurricane (doa)
BX DTR estate

Post by ActivaV6uk »

at the moment www.activanet.co.uk is suporting the XUD/HDI 2L+XU and v6 engines. i dont mind the forum becoming more general as the main point was to suport the cars that did not have any support in the UK at all (V6 and Activa). if people are interested in it becomeing a Xantia Club then i can eather set a new site up or can add it to the current one. personaly though this forum is the best forum for fast information about the xantia at the moment and that does tend to meen that other sites dontt get as much use.
Andy
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

Doh! just realised its my internet cache on the works PC - hit refresh and up popped the site - complete with my car!
Wooo!
Sorry Tom ,straying OT again.
vanny
My Cars:

Post by vanny »

So far we have the BXClub, ZXClub Activa Club BX16v Club and three of these have arrived in the last year!
I have suggested after the success of the BX CLub and the ZX Club that we expand to some others, firstly the Xantia Club than AX and maybe CX. And at the same time that it's a great way to show case the cars, do we really need to if we have this forum?
But is anyone else interested? I have already started on a Xantia and AX site, and with the slow demise of the BX Project im more than happy to do the hosting for the sites. To do it though i'd need people to be spokes peoples for the various marks, incharge of of providing content above all else!
Anyone interested?
Kowalski
My Cars: Ex 05 C5 2.0 HDI Exclusive 145k
Ex 97 Xantia 1.9TD SX 144k
Ex 94 Xantia Dimension 1.9TD 199k

Post by Kowalski »

We need a Xantia club now!
Go Vanny
ActivaV6uk
My Cars: C5 X7 2.7 hdi

Past cars
Activa, silver MK1 (221bhp stock) stripped out with twin sparcos Evo seats. 95
Activa, light met red MK1 98
Activa, dark met red MK1 98
Activa, dark met blue MK1 (202bhp stock) 96
Xantia exclusive V6 auto 3l 98
Xantia 2l 8v auto
BX 4x4 GTi dark met silver
BX 4x4 GTi white
BX GTi 16v white fibre bumpers
BX GTi 16v black fibre bumpers
BX GTi 16v hurricane (doa)
BX DTR estate

Post by ActivaV6uk »

Yup any thing I can do to help with the xantia club give me a shout.
Andy
yangreen

Post by yangreen »

Why don't we consolidate all this into a Citroen web club rather than have separate ones for each? Don't like CCC? Well start a new club then!
As long as you don't take members away from 2CVGB for whom I am a very active member!
Multiple owners clubs are never good (witness the Rover P6 which has two!) as you never know which one to join but a webclub is a little bit different.
That said, you don't want to detract from this excellent forum too much either!