remote locking

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

davethewheel

remote locking

Post by davethewheel »

the remote locking plip for my Xantia does not work,have tried new batteries,fireing it into a digital camera inspecting the soldering as suggested on a previos post i have also tried my spare remote and still it does not work,has any one had a problem with the roof sensor ? just recently purchased the car so i do not know if the remotes have been working as both of the batteries were flat, any other suggestions please dave :(:(
Dave Burns
My Cars:

Post by Dave Burns »

Have you tried the re-programing excersise on the reciever.
Dave
davethewheel

Post by davethewheel »

yes i have tried reprograming the remote by switching on ignition and fireing remote into sensor 20 times ,is this the correct procedure ? have checked the soldering on remote seems ok ,Citroen garage say it is very unlikely to be the roof sensor so i am a bit lost as to what to do next any ideas dave :):)
Dave Burns
My Cars:

Post by Dave Burns »

Not done it myself but from what I can make out you have to switch the ignition to the accessory position, not the ingition on position.
Dave
davethewheel

Post by davethewheel »

have tried to reprograme remote on ignition and accessory possitions still no luck dave
Dave Burns
My Cars:

Post by Dave Burns »

Hmmm if this re-programing lark actually works, and some on here have said they have done it, then assuming the remotes are working ok that only leaves the reciever and its associated circuitry.
If this works its not going to be the remote thats re-programed but an eprom somewhere on the car, probably in with the reciever.
Try a known good remote on it if you haven't allready, after that I would be off to the breakers for a reciever.
Dave
spanners

Post by spanners »

YOUR BEST BET IS TO TRY SOMEONE ELSES PLIP TO PROGRAM EVEN IF YOUR RED LED IS WORKING DOES NOT MEAN PLIP IS GOOD GET A TRIED AND TESTED ONE BUT NOT A NEXT DOOR NEIGHBOUR AS THE SYSTEM WILL STORE A FEW SEPERATE CODES. I HAVE CHANGED THE ODD AERIAL PICK UP IN ROOF.