O/S/R door stuck

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Terry306
My Cars:

O/S/R door stuck

Post by Terry306 »

Hi there
I would realy apreciate some help on this as everyone I've spoken to is baffled. The o/s/r door is stuck closed. I can here the motor working, but it won't release the lock. [:(!]
Thanks
Terry
fastandfurryous
My Cars:

Post by fastandfurryous »

What car? What have you tried? can you pull the lock barrel up?
More information please.
yangreen

Post by yangreen »

Pulling the internal door handle should automatically release the lock. Well, it does on the front doors of my 3dr. I don't have any rear ones to test on!
Terry306
My Cars:

Post by Terry306 »

The car's a '96 306 XSI. I have had the door card off and pushed both of the connections that the interior and exterior handles connect to manually. I have also turned the child lock to see if that has made it jam in some way, which it hasn't. I can't see what else I can do as I can't get the mech out without opening the door. Talk about catch 22.
Thanks
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

it will just be a fault door latch,you need to get a big screwdriver & hammer & just destroy the latch to get it open.
Terry306
My Cars:

Post by Terry306 »

Thanks wheeler, how do I get to the latch with the door being stuck closed?
Thanks
fastandfurryous
My Cars:

Post by fastandfurryous »

The hard way. As you already have the door card off, then you can hopefully gain access to the back of the lock mechanism. By judicious bashing and prying, you have to hope that you can catch the right lever to get the door open. Access will be immensley difficult, but there is no alternative! Once open, remove the 3(I think) bolts that hold the lock in place, and bin it. Oh, and you'll need a replacement lock, or a big roll of gaffer tape to hold the door closed! [:D] A replacement catch from a breakers should be v.cheap.
Terry306
My Cars:

Post by Terry306 »

Thanks for the advice. I'll have go at it over the weekend. Having two pre-school kids, one of which is in a car seat, this will make life a whole lot easier and I'll be able to keep the velour clean for longer.
cheers