C6 suspension

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

meexi
My Cars:

C6 suspension

Post by meexi »

Hi,
Can any one confirm if the new C6 has hydractive suspension or not as the Citroen website does not go into any detail.
Thunderbird

Post by Thunderbird »

This may be a shock to every single soul on this forum, but there is a strong possibility the C6's suspension won't be hydropneumatic... [:0] [:(!]
Citroen official note says:
<i>The running gear uses for the first time multi-link suspension at front and rear, while the suspension system features electronically controlled springing and damping.
As a result of this entirely new suspension, the C6 sets new standards in comfort, road-holding and driving pleasure.</i>
Homer
My Cars: Current:
Volvo V60 D4 180

Previous:
BX16RS (two of),
BX19TZI,
Xantia 2.0i saloon,
Xantia 2.0 Exclusive CT turbo Break,
Peugeot 807 2.0 HDi 110,
Renault Grand Scenic, 2.0 diesel (150bhp)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi 160 which put me off French cars possibly forever

Post by Homer »

From the April issue of Top Gear mag.
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">The C6 rides on self-levelling, air-oil fluid suspension......<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Sounds like hydropneumatics to me.
Further along...
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Under the skin, it has a stretched version of the platform from the C5 and Peugeot 407, including the 407's complex front suspension, which gives excellent handling. But in place of the 407's coil springs the C6 gets <b>Hydractive</b>, the newest version of Citroen's self-levelling system.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
No estate version though.
fastandfurryous
My Cars:

Post by fastandfurryous »

That doesn't look like a proper citroen.... you can see all of the back wheel!
dillosk8ter
My Cars:

Post by dillosk8ter »

Yes Definatly HYDROPNEUMATIC. Got underbonnet pics on Citroen Car Club site. Read quite a few write ups in motoring press about the Hydro set up......sounds like its very similar to C5, think they might share a platform too?
tj
My Cars:

Post by tj »

It seems Citroen is rather embarrassed and ashamed about their own hydropenumatic suspension technology. The official on Citroen C6 is trying very hard to hide and playdown the fact that it is different from others. What is happening to Citroen?
PeterMann
My Cars:

Post by PeterMann »

Looks and sounds delicious to me. I've been unhappy about the drift from traditional Citroen design values (like the dual wishbone front suspension , inboard brakes and big soft seats), so this is a step towards what I want my next car to be.
alexx
My Cars:

Post by alexx »

Found some pictures and brief description here
http://www.citroen-ds-id.com/index.html ... nsion.html
Thunderbird

Post by Thunderbird »

Excellent article. After all, the C6's suspension seems innovative and promissing. [:p]
Probably Citroen judt hides the fact it is hydropneumatic due to marketing strategy.
allmond
My Cars:

Post by allmond »

Just had an email newsletter from Citroen which says:
Citroën’s new C6 is the stunning new flagship of the fleet. Ready to be released in early 2006, and following in the tracks of iconic luxury Citroëns of the past, the big C6 is all about comfort. With hydropneumatic suspension that gives the car magic-carpet-ride characteristics and including a soft diffusion air conditioning system that gives optimal environmental comfort, this car epitomises luxury.
Interior touches include high grade wood veneering, chrome highlights and leather seats and panels. Even the instrumentation is projected as a head-up display on the windscreen. But what speaks most about the car is the exterior styling. No other car in the executive sector looks anything like it. It has to be seen to be believed, so click here for more information.
They don't seem to be hiding the hydro-pneumatic suspension in this newsletter!
Jamie
dillosk8ter
My Cars:

Post by dillosk8ter »

They did something very similar with the UK advertising campaign for the BX in '83. Didn't mention hydropneumatics that often.
Thunderbird

Post by Thunderbird »

They must have read this forum [:D] felt the shame and altered the propaganta text in order to mention 'hydropneumatic'... [}:)]
406 V6
My Cars:

Post by 406 V6 »

What a super-duper link!
I agree with T-bird, they start to feel ashamed with the fact that we know more than they do! Who else will be maintaining the Citroëns in the future?[:D]