Xantia Seats....

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

mattpc

Xantia Seats....

Post by mattpc »

I do 20k a year in my Xantia approximately. This is a mixture of Urban driving and long motorway trips. However, I'm starting to get backache during long journeys now.. I've noticed that the back seats of the Xantia are loads more comfortable than the front one's so I'm wondering. How hard is it to get and fit replacement seats from the Xantia. Ideally I'd like a drivers seat from a newer car than has been used a lot less than mine and therefore less worn. Or will it be better to just fit some seat covers? Ideas and options please?
JohnD
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: 2010 Citroen C5-X7 tourer
1998 Citroen Saxo 1.5D
2018 Citroen C4-B7
1998 Peugeot 306. 1.9D
2011 Citroen C1

Post by JohnD »

How I sympathize with you. Recently I did the journey from Southern Spain to London over a 48 hour period. How my back and rear end did suffer. I'm sad to say, the Xantia seats are the worst I've ever sat on. Give me BXTZD seats any day.
Richard Gallagher
My Cars:

Post by Richard Gallagher »

Two solutions are available, the cheap one is to raise the front of the seat by putting in extra washers under the front retaining bolts. The other is to get hold of some electric seats because they have several more ways of adjusting the seat.
mattpc

Post by mattpc »

How will raising the front of the seat help Richard (genuine interest, not sarcasm or disbelief)?
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

If you tip the front of the seat up it pushes your rear end further into the back rest which in effect gives you a longer seat thus more support, I tried this with a 405 and it made it much more comfortable. Of course the real answer is to get an XM.
mattpc

Post by mattpc »

I fancy an XM but I don't fancy the questionable electrics etc.... Also I've spent some money on maintaining the Xantia properly and know I won't get this money back if I sell it so am quite keen to keep the Xantia going.
ActivaV6uk
My Cars: C5 X7 2.7 hdi

Past cars
Activa, silver MK1 (221bhp stock) stripped out with twin sparcos Evo seats. 95
Activa, light met red MK1 98
Activa, dark met red MK1 98
Activa, dark met blue MK1 (202bhp stock) 96
Xantia exclusive V6 auto 3l 98
Xantia 2l 8v auto
BX 4x4 GTi dark met silver
BX 4x4 GTi white
BX GTi 16v white fibre bumpers
BX GTi 16v black fibre bumpers
BX GTi 16v hurricane (doa)
BX DTR estate

Post by ActivaV6uk »

i may have a set of activa front seat frames avalable as ive replaced mine with electic ones (for no other reason than i'm a gadget freek). these have alot of extra tilt and lumber options. give me a shout if your interested.
Andy
mattpc

Post by mattpc »

Interested! Are these easy to fit to my Xantia? It's a Decemeber 1994 TD SX with badge on the grill, (not the early no anti sink badge on bonnet). Also what colour etc are these? My current trim is the grey one with spots on![:D]
ActivaV6uk
My Cars: C5 X7 2.7 hdi

Past cars
Activa, silver MK1 (221bhp stock) stripped out with twin sparcos Evo seats. 95
Activa, light met red MK1 98
Activa, dark met red MK1 98
Activa, dark met blue MK1 (202bhp stock) 96
Xantia exclusive V6 auto 3l 98
Xantia 2l 8v auto
BX 4x4 GTi dark met silver
BX 4x4 GTi white
BX GTi 16v white fibre bumpers
BX GTi 16v black fibre bumpers
BX GTi 16v hurricane (doa)
BX DTR estate

Post by ActivaV6uk »

well ive stripped the seats back there not damaged but are 100% with out padding and covers at the moment (padding is avalable). i was thinking you may want them to simply use with your current front seats. if you want a full set of activa interior you will have to wait untill the V6 project kicks off.
mattpc

Post by mattpc »

I see, so I could just use swap my old seat covers over? That makes sense I guess cos the covers look ok and the rear interior is perfect and very comfortable already. Please drop me an email matt@matthewcrossley.co.uk to discuss this further.
Thanks, Matt.