Glowplug connections?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

Deosn't matter which plug the feed is connected to, as long as they are all connected together
oilyspanner
My Cars:

Post by oilyspanner »

The live feed from the cold start relay usually connects to the second glowplug, access being a bit tight on the first one, as long as its connected to one of them it does not matter, the pipe in question is growing out of a plate held on to the head with two allen bolts, its ally and can be snapped if you are rough with it. I had to remove the rubber pipe that is clipped onto this to change the last glowplug (behind the fuel pump Left side as viewed)Damage really depends on your level of dexterity and whether the plug is tight.
Stewart
oilyspanner
My Cars:

Post by oilyspanner »

Water
Stewart
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

The water will be there all the time and may be under light pressure due to the system pressure being retained by the radiator cap. If you loose any substantial amount of water (ie more than a few drops) you will need to bleed the system to get rid of air locks. TD's (and most modern engines) are not tolerant of air in the cooling system and local overheating can cause gasket failure.
You may find this textbook interesting. http://citroen2.triger.com.pl/kc/pdf/citguide.pdf
Jeremy