One more thing......

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Stansbury
My Cars:

One more thing......

Post by Stansbury »

Strange question I think I know the answer but it would be nice for an outside opinion. As some of you know I own a 1.9D ZX Aura which has only done 136K not much for a 1993 and still runs fine. One think I have noticed is there is a lot of slack in the accelerator. Tired a flat straight run the other day and it took me 27 seconds to get to 70MPH not because the car is slow but I have to push the pedal right down past what I describe as the bite point (The place where the pedal settles on acceleration) Once I lock my leg up the revs climb faster and the gear changes are smoother. BTW its an Auto. I looked at the throtle body and there is a lot of slack on the bottom cable (When looking from the front or the car. The cable runs to the inside of the car so I assume its the accelerator cable and not the throttle cable. I can pull this cable about 3CM until the throttle opens. Do I need to replace of can I just tighten.
James.UK
My Cars:

Post by James.UK »

Hi Stansbury.

If you remove the retaining clip that stops the throttle cable outer casing moving forward, (i.e. left) then pull the cable casing to your right, (standing at the front facing the radiator) you will probably be able to replace the clip in a new slot nearer to its 'stop' point, (further left than its original position) that should solve your problem.. If not the link below goes into much more detail..
http://www.andyspares.com/discussionfor ... to,gearbox
Dave Bamber
My Cars:

Post by Dave Bamber »

Just about every Cit/Pug I've looked at has needed this doing. As far as I know, the cable is left slack from the factory to stop you over-reving a fresh engine.