I've done it I have a dash light but......

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Stansbury
My Cars:

I've done it I have a dash light but......

Post by Stansbury »

Okay, its time for me to thank everyone for giving details of how to change the dash board lights. I sat down in my car this morning and I can now see what speed I am doing at night! Also the fuel lights up etc etc. I am very happy with this but as always there is a but....
I could not find the bulbs or even get into the heater controls. I need to change the bulbs there as well so the inside of my car will be perfect. If someone can let me know how to do this. I have ordered a Hayes book and it will be with me soon as I have a new diesel filter and thermostat to put in and cant find out where they go at the moment. Also gonna fix the window by replacing the winder mechanisim but first things first the lights. If anyone has details of how to do this I would be very happy as I still have tonnes of bulbs (Bought 100 on bulk discount ;->) and I can do it this evening.
Thanks in advance.
Christopher
Jon

Post by Jon »

Stansbury
My Cars:

Post by Stansbury »

Wow thats perfect, This forum is a gold mine!
Blagarse Yank
My Cars:

Post by Blagarse Yank »

was it difficult?
I have no dash or heater lights-and a wire through the dimmer connector does not produce any results either.
It maybe easier for me to eat more carrots??
Blaggy
Stansbury
My Cars:

Post by Stansbury »

As long as you have the right tool to take off the front of the dash (with all the hazard lights etc and the radio) its easy. Undo the four screws under the steering wheel cover and take off the top cover, then disconect the switched from the front of the dash. Then you should see the clocks and two phillips screws at the bottom of the clocks. Undo them. The hardest part I would was the speedo cable. You have to either have small hands or very bendy wrists. Sqeeze the two sides together and pull hard. the cable then comes away and you can rest the clocks upside down on the dash. Do not remove all the other plugs unless you want to. I did it without and its easier. simply take out the caps, change the bulbs and put the caps back in. You will need at least 30 bulbs! I broke seven as some are quite tough to get out but change them all and remember there is three under a black cover behind the rev counter. Then put the speedo cable back on. It just clips in so its easier. Put it together and away you go.
As for the heater lights have not tried that yet but will do tonight. Have you tried driving in the dark with no dash!??
James.UK
My Cars:

Post by James.UK »

When you finaly get at the bulbs location, have a good look to make sure there are no brocken bits of bulb stuck in their holders!!
On my ZX I found two bulbs had been broken off in situ, presumably by someone trying to remove them using long nosed pliars or something!! [}:)] [V]
And make sure you replace all the bulbs. On my ZX I seem to recall there being 4 (four) in the heater controls part.
Blagarse Yank
My Cars:

Post by Blagarse Yank »

I'll stick a candle on the dash![}:)]
Cheers for feedback-what a nightmare job.
Blagg
Stansbury
My Cars:

Post by Stansbury »

been told by many its a job you have to do every so often as Citroen found it nessesary to keep the dash lights on all the time. Key goes in lights come on