Xantia 2 litre Auto bolt on performance?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

WallaceLee
My Cars:

Xantia 2 litre Auto bolt on performance?

Post by WallaceLee »

1. Hi, i am driving a 95 Xantia with 4 speed auto. Quite new to Citroens, only had it for 2 months and 6 days. Engine has covered 71,000 miles. Specs says it has 123 bhp. Any idea what i can do to pump it up a little?
2. Do they sell any titanium retainers, keepers, stainless valves for this 8V engine? mild port job? 3 angle valve job?
3. Any 5 speed box i can bolt onto the engine?
4. Drop in K&N filter? Super chips?
5. i am using Beru Silverstine plugs now and that isthe only upgrade i have done.
thanx!!
WallaceLee
My Cars:

Post by WallaceLee »

Any places in UK where i can buy these parts? I am familiar with HP aircooled engines, but not Citroen engines. Things just lingering in my mind to make my car faster with relibility in mind. Stock exhaust too....i need the quietness when driving.
DoubleChevron
My Cars:

Post by DoubleChevron »

I have a '96 Xantia VSX 2litre 8valve slugomatic.
I suggest cheapest way to get extra performance is to sell the gutless bloody thing and buy a car with some power from the factory.
Possibly a V6 Xantia, CX 2500 GTi Turbo, BX16valve, 24valve V6 XM etc.....
You'd have a usable reliable car which may not be the case if you try to get marginally more power out of the 2litre slugomatic Xantia at great cost.
My Xantia slugomatic is great, I let the wife drive it and I drive a CX2500 GTi Turbo [}:)] [}:)] [:D]
seeya,
Shane L.
WallaceLee
My Cars:

Post by WallaceLee »

Double Chevron, thank you for the reply. I am aware of that too, but too bad in Malaysia, Citroen only brought it the standard SX model, not even the VSX and not to mention Mk2 Xantia. So, we are left with not much options, unlike you guy across the pond.
cheers.
WallaceLee
My Cars:

Post by WallaceLee »

Another solution is actually buy
1. Activa half cut or Xantia V6 Japanese "halfcut" and plonk the engine into my SX. then again, sourcing these engines can be difficult in the first place anot not within my budget for th e time being.
2. Any idea is the turbo and V6 engines fit right in the normal 8V Xantia engine bay? mounting location same? cross member?
DoubleChevron
My Cars:

Post by DoubleChevron »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by WallaceLee</i>

Double Chevron, thank you for the reply. I am aware of that too, but too bad in Malaysia, Citroen only brought it the standard SX model, not even the VSX and not to mention Mk2 Xantia. So, we are left with not much options, unlike you guy across the pond.
cheers.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Hmm,
ok I assumed you lived in the UK where these cars a so cheap the near give the bloody things away [:0].
I'm guessing the cheapest way to get serious power would be to import a front cut from a 24valve V6 Xantia out of the UK (they are worth nothing over there). Either that or you would need to get the motor/gearbox (not forgeting the wiring harnesses and ECU's).
seeya,
Shane L.
ActivaV6uk
My Cars: C5 X7 2.7 hdi

Past cars
Activa, silver MK1 (221bhp stock) stripped out with twin sparcos Evo seats. 95
Activa, light met red MK1 98
Activa, dark met red MK1 98
Activa, dark met blue MK1 (202bhp stock) 96
Xantia exclusive V6 auto 3l 98
Xantia 2l 8v auto
BX 4x4 GTi dark met silver
BX 4x4 GTi white
BX GTi 16v white fibre bumpers
BX GTi 16v black fibre bumpers
BX GTi 16v hurricane (doa)
BX DTR estate

Post by ActivaV6uk »

i have a v6 engine and ecu/box here for sale its in the UK so you would need it shipped. it owes me £500 but I'm open to offers.
Andy
ItDontGo
My Cars:

Post by ItDontGo »

I do always wonder why people feel the need to go just that little bit faster. Its not like its going to become an F1 car is it?
Kowalski
My Cars: Ex 05 C5 2.0 HDI Exclusive 145k
Ex 97 Xantia 1.9TD SX 144k
Ex 94 Xantia Dimension 1.9TD 199k

Post by Kowalski »

When you've got an inferior car, you want a better one i.e. boy racer syndrome.
My Xantia is a TD with 90bhp, an HDI 110 would be nicer. What I really want is torque from low revs and no turbo lag, not more power.
Thunderbird

Post by Thunderbird »

Since it isn't a turbo engine, changing the ECU chip wouldn't make a relevant difference.
The 5 speed manual gearbox would give more life but the complexity and cost don't compensate the final results.
It's a fact that the 2 litre 8 valve slugomatic hasn't torgue enough.
Yet, the suspension is great and the engine is good enough for long journeys at low-average speeds.
The easier (and less expensive) transformation would be to try to change your mind and start to like it as it is. [;)]
I'm talking seriously.
FDV
(Donor 2016)
My Cars:

Post by FDV »

These engines are old and very limited in what you can actually do with them. Personally I'd look at first:
A) Seeing if its possible to bolt the 16v head to your block. I'm not sure if it could be done, as it can on Saxo VTR's with a VTS's for example. This might be the easiest way of increasing pony power, but remember the 16v's love to be thrashed - the low down power is probably no more impressive.
B) The 2.0 CT engine is similar again, this time with a turbo setup. The V6 is the ultimate, but also in thirstiness!
With regards to the gearbox, unless you really wish to keep the auto box, pull it out and pop a manual on there. I'm not sure, but in theory the block on your engine should take a straight swap. Don't quote me on that though!
B)